which taurus fan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am planning on swapping out my fan clutch to go electric for my FJ40. i am seeing all kinds of references for ford taurus fans, but no specifics on years or models or anything. anybody know which one?

are those a bolt in item? i assume i will need to drill some bolt holes, but will the shroud fit the '40 radiator without additional monkeying? suggestions on a controller? or is there another fan out there that will fit a '40 application and do a better job than a ford?

TIA

Been to the FAQ on this?

90's V6 Taurus...

The fan is in 90s ford products, Lincoln Mark 8, Taurus, Taurus wagon with the 3.8, and a few others....The plug should have three wires from the fan motor..

Ground, low speed and high speed.

:beer:

Last edited:
Here is a pic of what you need.
taurus fan.JPG

Based on the ones I have used, the Taurus fans have a slightly smaller shroud than the MrkVIII. There are at least a couple of variants within the Taurus fans too (shrouds).

Mark...

large aerostar ford with 4.0 has a nice one that fits good also if you cant find a tarus fan good luck

been to FAQ, no luck. tech links provide pics of lincoln mark fan only. figured that was for a '60 application.

thanks for the help. i like that setup on the contour fan, will have to find a well-stocked scrap yard around here.

glad to know there are so many options. i was expecting a year/model specific one.

thanks again! back to welding... :D

Does anyone sell a kit for Taurus fans?
PITA for me to crawl around a junkyard and then fab up all the wiring etc. I know it would be worth it for me to spend a little bit more $ to have all the parts I need in one handy package from the UPS man :cheers:
Might be a good business for some of the IH8MUDders out there.....:idea: ;)

I plan on doing the junkyard/fab thing, but it will be a few months before I'm ready to install my drivetrain etc. so if anyone comes up with a kit......

there are two primary low mounting height taruas fans.

16" blade big shourd longer
16.5" blade

The M8 is a bit bigger then i would use, unless your some crazy BBC blown, etc... and also has a bit more depth then the two above.

I run 16.5 blade, no need to cut the shroud, on a mild build 406 and stock cruiser rad without issue.

NO ONE at this time makes a harness that is worth a crap, little time with good wiring, BOSCH relays, and figuring out your preferred method of wiring them, IS WORTH this whole mech to elect conversion is about.

I cannot find a good supplier for the items required on anykind of quanity production for the harnesses. I do make ONE offs per customer specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom