They don't get much older...... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
DSC02533.JPG
3FJ45-14218

Last week while digging through old threads here on mud insearch of LV pictures to use for reference with my Pop's and I's restoration I stumbled upon an old for sale thread in the classifieds section. It was from almost 4 years ago and didn't seem to have generated much interest when it was initially listed. I perused through the pictures provided and immediately fell in love with the patina and character of the old girl. Since it was never posted as "sold" in the thread I figured I'd take a shot in the dark and see if it was still available for sale 4 years later, and to my surprise it was!!!

Fast forward a week later and my pops and I are packing and wrapping up last minute detials for our 4,000 mile trek across the country to acquire our second LV :beer: We will be leaving Wednesday after work and returning home the following Monday. My hope is to use this thread as a travel blog of sorts and detail the highlights of our adventure.......... I encourage anyone who loves road trips and Cruisers to follow along :cheers:
DSC02533.JPG
DSC02481.JPG
DSC02513.JPG

Nice! Another project, or will you be combining projects?

Nice! Another project, or will you be combining projects?

This one will be mine, and it will be getting "freshened up" not a frame off like we are doing on my fathers..... we just want to get this one running, fix a few of the rust issues and then just enjoy it as is:beer:

This one will be mine, and it will be getting "freshened up" not a frame off like we are doing on my fathers..... we just want to get this one running, fix a few of the rust issues and then just enjoy it as is:beer:
Subscribed ;)
Like the idea to let this old girl with all the patina she has !!! :)
Would protect the frame, the underside and the cavities with grease like fluid film or somthing similar.
Cheers
Peter

Last edited:
Subscribed ;)
Like the idea to let this old girl with all the patina she have !!! :)
Would protect the frame, the underside and the cavities with grease like fluid film or somthing similar.
Cheers
Peter

The best part is she is very original especially inside.... check out the original factory floor mat, door panels, fire wall insulator, and best of all Denso heater:beer:
DSC02514.JPG
DSC02519.JPG
DSC02531.JPG

That's an awesome road trip for you and your father. Plus you already have the light at the end of the tunnel. Mike

She's Beautiful :bounce: Oh Man you going to have a Great trip. :steer: Just Awsome !!!!!!! Glad to see this ones so complete Im running out of LV parts LOL

I've added it to the list.

That is the one you posted before, right?

yes sir :beer:

She's Beautiful :bounce: Oh Man you going to have a Great trip. :steer: Just Awsome !!!!!!! Glad to see this ones so complete Im running out of LV parts LOL

I don't know looks like I am missing some windshield wipers and tail lights..... so you aren't out of the clear yet, time to dig through that stash of yours:hillbilly:

:cool:Taking another one back to the southeast...

JP - if you are coming through Utah and need a place to stay I have plenty of room.
Mike

:cool:Taking another one back to the southeast...

yep just trying to keep those guys out west honest, they seem to have the monopoly on 45's:grinpimp:

The trip should be fun. MIke

I am packed up and ready to go, can't wait for 4pm to get here!!

JP - if you are coming through Utah and need a place to stay I have plenty of room.
Mike

Thanks Mike, I really appreciate the offer, if we find ourselves in your neck of the woods I will def. hit you up :beer:

Congrats! Keep the pictures coming.

Pics should start rolling this evening as we hit the road :beer:

If you need a place to stay in Denver, there are lots of Cruiserheads here :D

Is your wife going to make you sell something for bringing this back home!? :eek:

If you need a place to stay in Denver, there are lots of Cruiserheads here :D

Is your wife going to make you sell something for bringing this back home!? :eek:

Thanks! We actually have reservations at the Brown Palace Friday night, my pops likes to pamper himself after 1800miles of driving :rolleyes:

Have fun guys, these trips are life long memories, I dragged my mom on a 2400 mile 45 mission a couple of years ago and had a great time! If you need anything on the west coast let me know!cheers:beer:

2:30am update.....rolling thru Memphis :steer:....Daddy LV drove first 9 hours ......JP behind the wheel now.....Keiffers is asleep in the back. He will take over at sunrise.....driving straight thru to Selida....the prize is getting closer!!:cheers:
Pics to come in the morning

Have a good safe trip ya'll. Keep us posted and some road pics would be nice also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom