CSC September Meeting Agenda 9.20.2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Sonic <location map link

Starting time 7:30 PM sharp NOTE: earlier start time

Meeting agenda
  • Introduction of first time guest
  • Introduction of new members by CHUY
  • TRAL report if available
  • Run of the month*<link - Details and overview on up coming ROTM
  • Overview on airing up and airing down techniques.
  • Discussion on Octobers meet featuring CSC vehicles of innovations. We will be looking for your input and help for this special end of summer meet. This is your chance to get involved, bring your ideas to the table, and execute them.
We will limit the meeting to a maximum of 1 hour.

*Run of the month has been very successful in the past so its back for people that want to go on runs but need to plan in advance. We will be looking for volunteers each month for the ROTM (run of the month). Its your run and includes anywhere you want, any day in the month, overnight, night run, even a scenic dirt road drive. Again its your run and your chance to get involved and meet new members.

Sonic <location map link

Starting time 7:30 PM sharp NOTE: earlier start time

Meeting agenda
  • Introduction of first time guest
  • Introduction of new members by CHUY
  • TRAL report if available
  • Run of the month*<link - Details and overview on up coming ROTM
  • Overview on airing up and airing down techniques.
  • Discussion on Octobers meet featuring CSC vehicles of innovations. We will be looking for your input and help for this special end of summer meet. This is your chance to get involved, bring your ideas to the table, and execute them.

Hey Phil, thanks for posting the agenda...

Can you elaborate on "vehicles of innovations"...what does that mean? Do you have any examples?

Also, does the "guest" have to remain a secret?

Only one bullet has a "presenter" listed (chuy). Who's doing the other bullets?

And finally, have you demonstrated the "air down/up" techniques before? I recall a meeting where you and Otter did something regarding tire pressure. Is this the same topic or different?

Thanks,
-JJG.

Any chance that someone could video the air down/up overview and perhaps post it on MUD so those us unable to attend can see it?

Do you want it set to circus music?? :lol:

We could always get Shannon to demonstrate the " I forgot to fill up at the station before we left, can I suck some gas from you" technique.

Any chance that someone could video the air down/up overview and perhaps post it on MUD so those us unable to attend can see it?
I'm surprised that some of the frequent non-attenders haven't requested that minutes, or at least a summary, and maybe a treasurer's report be posted up after each meeting so they can know what they missed. They ARE members, so they DO deserve to know. John

Hey Phil, thanks for posting the agenda...

Can you elaborate on "vehicles of innovations"...what does that mean? Do you have any examples?

Also, does the "guest" have to remain a secret?

Only one bullet has a "presenter" listed (chuy). Who's doing the other bullets?

And finally, have you demonstrated the "air down/up" techniques before? I recall a meeting where you and Otter did something regarding tire pressure. Is this the same topic or different?

Thanks,
-JJG.

Not 100% sure but I think these are highlighted topics based on current club trends via the forum meets and on the trail.

Vehicle innovations: Im guessing the LS1 Swap by our newest member RockJock82, Murfs Meth Injection project, any recent builds, new projects, etc.

Every meet there has been a request for any TRAL member to share an update on recent activities. John shared some great information one meet on recent events.

If we have a guest Im crossing my fingers for Mylie Cyrus I missed the VMA's.

I presented the new members at the last two meetings mainly because I handle all of the membership duties. It lets people know I have your swag and if you want swag I have more.

Air up and Air down, I think everyone could use a refresher and have an open forum of sharing new and old ideas and PSI's for different terrain tires etc. especially with the next ROTM in the near future. Im still not sure what to run my skinnies at so I am hoping to hear what other members are doing and share what works for me.

The meeting always ends with an open floor to any member who wants to present information. Norm gave some really good examples one meet on trail safety and preparedness based on his recent Crown King rescue.

I just installed the JJ Attic rack so That is something I want to present at the next meet and I hope you are there to elaborate more on the design, because it is awesome! My Heep and ISUZU buddies were asking me where I ordered it from on our last outing.

I'm surprised that some of the frequent non-attenders haven't requested that minutes, or at least a summary, and maybe a treasurer's report be posted up after each meeting so they can know what they missed. They ARE members, so they DO deserve to know. John

John not sure if you have seen the website www.copperstatecruisers.com we built but we work diligently to highlight events and information that gets buried in the forums. We have created an easy to navigate website that highlights information and events that is linked to the forum posts.

We could always get Shannon to demonstrate the " I forgot to fill up at the station before we left, can I suck some gas from you" technique.

he sucked it out of a -godforbid- GMC - which said truck is in jail right now and I can't get it out for the next meet to provide the gas source to recreate the authentic setting, sorry ;p

Last edited:
If you are interested in helping with the Octobers meet featuring CSC vehicles of innovations make sure you attend the meeting this Friday (7:30 start time). We will be looking for vehicle recommendations, ideas, and volunteers.

Also a reminder to current members to send in your information to Whos - Who to be posted on the Copperstatecruisers.com web site. The guys have been working hard on the site to keep it updated and it shows. We are getting a lot of traffic and Whos -Who is the most popular tab clicked. Surfer and lurker want to see your Toyota.

John not sure if you have seen the website www.copperstatecruisers.com we built but we work diligently to highlight events and information that gets buried in the forums. We have created an easy to navigate website that highlights information and events that is linked to the forum posts.
That site does have nice pictures, but it doesn't really have any minutes from the meetings IE: what business was discussed. Those who can't attend might like to know. JOhn

That site does have nice pictures, but it doesn't really have any minutes from the meetings IE: what business was discussed. Those who can't attend might like to know. JOhn

John you are correct the minutes are not detailed. This is the second time you have brought meeting minutes up so I assume you feel this is important. You are at most meeting :idea:is this something you would like to step up and contribute? Like you said Im sure others would appreciate.

I'm guessing we have around 100 - 150 members and our average monthly meet gets maybe half of that. So, half of our membership has to rely on the forum. Pix of rigs are nice, but at least a summary of the formal activities would be nice so they know what they are missing.

It probably would not be too effective for me to post up a summary.I do make it to most of the meets, but recently work at the shop has been overwhelming, so I often don't get out of there until way after 8. All I could really report on is the Bull Session. :grinpimp:

After last nights meeting I finally remembered to adjust my Staun tire pressure adjusters. One of the valves kept putting me at 12 lbs.

I used the recommended wheelbarrow tire :D and got them all at 15 lbs.

Ready for Manuelsv's run next weekend ~

:bounce:

It was nice meeting everyone last night and I really appreciate the tips and information. Looking forward to the opportunity to join you folks on a trail ride in the not too distant future.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

I'm guessing we have around 100 - 150 members and our average monthly meet gets maybe half of that. So, half of our membership has to rely on the forum. Pix of rigs are nice, but at least a summary of the formal activities would be nice so they know what they are missing.

I can give a quick re-cap not in any order

- 3 of our newest members were at the meet Kyle, Mark, and Aram

- We have had 8 new members since our last meet!

- Phil gave an air down/ air up session on several different type of deflators highlighting the ARB deflator, Staun Style, and the simple remove core method. He also talked about the two best air compressors for the money the MV-50 that goes for around $65 and the PUMA that goes for about $230 online. Phil described the benefits of both.

- We had a members raffle giving away a CSC hat, Gray limited editions CSC shirt, and Staun style air downs.

- Winning the Stauns air downs came with the promise of a review. I won but re-gifted them to ZONA since I already own a set. Look forward to his review on them!

- Reminder of the Run of The Month next week looks like many members are going by the show of hands and response.

- Long sleeve shirts are in the works for the winter. Im working with our shirt guy to give examples of what we can have made.

I can give a quick re-cap not in any order

- 3 of our newest members were at the meet Kyle, Mark, and Aram

- We have had 8 new members since our last meet!

- Phil gave an air down/ air up session on several different type of deflators highlighting the ARB deflator, Staun Style, and the simple remove core method. He also talked about the two best air compressors for the money the MV-50 that goes for around $65 and the PUMA that goes for about $230 online. Phil described the benefits of both.

- We had a members raffle giving away a CSC hat, Gray limited editions CSC shirt, and Staun style air downs.

- Winning the Stauns air downs came with the promise of a review. I won but re-gifted them to ZONA since I already own a set. Look forward to his review on them!

- Reminder of the Run of The Month next week looks like many members are going by the show of hands and response.

- Long sleeve shirts are in the works for the winter. Im working with our shirt guy to give examples of what we can have made.
That's what I'm talking about. Good deal. Copy this over to the home page when all the pix get posted. Thanks. John

That's what I'm talking about. Good deal. Copy this over to the home page when all the pix get posted. Thanks. John

I forgot to add next meeting will be showcasing new and interesting builds by our members. Lots of our members have some very unique out of the box items in their rigs including trailers and add-ons. So stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom