Labor Day Weekend Invite (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
LandCruiserPhil and family (wife &11 daughter) are heading for Clear Creek area for the Labor Day weekend. We will be camping popup style in a large area 10 miles north of Clint’s Wells about 4 miles off Hwy 87 on FR 95. 7000' elevation ensures cool nights and warm days. Clear Creek is an EZ to moderate 1 mile hike with 550' elevation change (hey I can do it:flipoff2:) water is very refreshing and the area is a great place to spend the day. Another point of interest is Moqui Lookout that features a very clean non-flushing toilet about 1 1/4 mile from camp for the :princess:. As for off road travel there is a maze of forest road to explore. Other day trips will be up for discussion depending on who and how many show. If you are interested I can provide more information, exact directions, and GPS waypoints.

http://www.arizonahikingtrails.com/hikingpages/kindercrossing19.html
RTTKinder crossing 035 (Small).jpg
RTTKinder crossing 052 (Small).jpg
RTTKinder crossing 044 (Small).jpg

IH8you :mad:

I will be attempting my first carb rebuild this weekend :rolleyes: I wish I could keep on pretending Venturi was a fashion designer

seriously: have fun :cheers:

I "plan" on installing some new suspension stuff this weekend. We'll see how that goes.

Sounds like a great weekend. i wil be in Denver checking out some trails and getting in some fly fishing...

We might be in the neighborhood, we were planning on going to stoneman lake......

Phil,

Post up that map...my kids have been bugging me about goin campin in the new Taco and it would be nice to go some place that they haven't been.

I have had several PM’s by families with kids so if you are planning to go post up with ages and number of kids in your party. My daughter Mia is 11 years old and is stoked there will be other kids coming.

This camp spot is very easy to find I would even go as far as to say idiot proof so don’t make this hard. I will leaving Saturday at 7am and pulling a pop up with the 100 series. Feel free to call me if you are in question 480-998-3410 day/evening.

Directions –Print them out and you cant go wrong.
Go straight through Payson north toward Pine and Strawberry for 48 miles to Clint’s well/Happy Jack info center (all clearly marked) from Clint’s Well continue on Hwy 87 for 9 miles to FR 95 (again clearly marked just past the Timber Ranger station) turn right at FR 95 and go 4 miles and turn left at Horse Crossing (clearly marked) I will post a CSC paper plate also at the turn. I will pick an area large enough for several families just off the Horse Crossing road. Look for CSC paper plate signs.

From the campsite you are 13 miles from a fully stocked store with gas at Clint’s Well. The Moqui Lookout is 83’ tall (equipped with a non flushing toilet) and is 1 1/4 miles away from the camp site and open to the public. A fun place to take the kids up for free stuff from the forest service. You can also stop at the rangers visitor center at Clint’s Well for free stuff for the kids on your way up.

Not a lot of dead wood so if you have room bring some fire wood.

Hope to see you there
RTTKinder crossing 058 (Small).jpg

I have backpacked through clear creak several times....one of the best creaks in AZ!!

Canyoneering through it takes some time however.

I plan on being up this weekend, won't be camping though. The mile post to look for is 299. The turn off is about a 1/4 before the 300 mile post. road to the right is 95 East Clear Creek, road to the left is 211 to Long Lake. The ranger station is Blue Ridge not timber unless they changed it lately. The road behind the look out is probably the most challenging in the area. I tore a upper CV boot on my 100 last elk season. It takes you torward the blue ridge Res. road. Once you get to the Doppler Radar station you turn right and head back to 87 this will bring you out and the Moqui campground. This road gets pretty ruff when you drop off the ridge. Lots of other roads in the area too. Hope to see you there.

John

Last edited: