it's my 80 that's Baja Bound.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like many before me, I've taken the plunge. After only 3 weeks of looking I coughed up $6500 on a 1 owner SoCal 97 factory locked Cruiser w/ 203k on the clock. I've attached some before and after pics after just 2 weeks of owning it. I've been really busy....
137.jpg
162.jpg
265.jpg

Welcome to the addiction!!

I like that wheel/tire combo. What are they?

I like that wheel/tire combo. What are they?

I think they might be the mojave teflons???

Nice cruiser, its good to see you are changing it to how it should be! Nice drawers, did you make them yourself? Welcome to the forum!

Nice cruiser, its good to see you are changing it to how it should be! Nice drawers, did you make them yourself? Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Fellas! This community has been a very valuable asset. The drawers are completely custom, a friend that's very skilled with wood put it together. He might be interested in fabing some up if there is enough interest. As far as my wheels and tires, I went with the American Racing ATX Chamber 16 inch wheel wrapped with some 305/70 BFG's.

The same buddy that put my drawer system together also re-skinned my front 2 seats. I wouldn't wish this task on my worst enemy looking back on the project. The good news is they came out great!

Also, I've got a OME J series lift in the garage yelling my name....
152.jpg
281.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Rig

:clap: on ditching the bling, and taking the right steps in modifying your rig. Keep up the good work and let us know more about the rear storage setup.

:cheers:

Steve

Looks great!

Pardon my manners... :flipoff2: welcome ;)

I think he was talking about the other wheels:flipoff2:

Looks like you've been busy. You're welcome to come work on my 80 if your bored;p

CEL came on while on the way to pick up some grub tonight. I changed my oil 2 days ago, but haven't lifted the hood for anything else. Very untimely since I have a trip to Baja planned for Wednesday. I hope John @ SD Trux has time for me!

pull the code and report back. many have driven miles with cel on without harm... depending on what it is. could be somehting simple.

If you don't have a code reader, most auto parts stores have ones you can borrow. Once you know the code, come back here and do some searching.

Autozone doesn't loan them anymore. Post up in the SoCal 80s section. There are a lot of guys from SD and someone might be able to read your codes. Otherwise you can order a ScanGuage 2 from autozone. Takes a day or two to come in. Better than the over priced code readers they sell.

Checker/Schucks/Kroger/O'Riley's auto parts loaned me one as recently as a year ago.

Checker/Schucks/Kroger/O'Riley's auto parts loaned me one as recently as a year ago.

Kalifornia passed a law prohibiting them from loaning them out apparently.

Dibbs on the old wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom