HELP! Cruiser died yesterday saving my wife's life, I need a new one ASAP!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yesterday, we had a snowstorm, and the roads were really slick. My wife was headed to an appointment (without either of the kids thank God!), when she lost control on the ice and ran into a concrete brick retaining wall.

Both airbags deployed. Fortunately, she walked away with just some bruising and soreness.

The Cruiser is our DD, and based on the crash performance (and everything else) we need a new one as our only other vehicle is my '87 minitruck.

Here are some pics...
IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

Again, thank God she is OK. Please let me know if you kknow of any 80s for sale. I want one either supercharged or deiseled, and lockers are a must.
Thanks...Nick
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG

Glad everyone is safe, this shows one advantage of having a lot of bendable steel between you (your wife in this case) and concrete. It appears fixable, what did the insurance company say, totaled? On the other hand, you will have a lot of parts others may need.

Check out the for sale forum on this website, lots of them there.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Good luck.

AHH! Tis mearly a flesh wound!

Glad she is ok.

ken

Ouch! Sorry for that and glad your loved one is OK. Will insurance cover your loss?

glad she's fine
not a major destruction by any means

Glad your wife's okay!

I think your truck could be fixed. I've seen way worse.

That said, allow me to be the first ghoul to post - if you decide to sell your sliders, consider them sold (to me!).

glad your wifes ok and the kids missed the ride.

that being said, when my wife wrecked her car in a curve in high school, she told her parents a pookie dot dog ran out in front of her. lol

every time i drive by the curve i always slow down and look for that little dog. lol drives her crazy, she still want admit it was a fibb.

And a good reason to get an ARB bumper on the next one or after you fix this one. All you would have needed was some black spray paint then.

Sorry to hear...

But go for the one on that Denver Craigslist... It's got a S/C under that hood!!!!

Sure glad to hear the wifey is O.K.

The damage to your Cruiser looks easily fixable.

My wife did a lot more than that to the rear of ours and it looks like new now.

Glad no one was hurt.

But I'll jump on the wagon and claim dibbs on the steering wheel (don't need the airbag anyway)!

Yesterday, we had a snowstorm, and the roads were really slick. My wife was headed to an appointment (without either of the kids thank God!), when she lost control on the ice and ran into a concrete brick retaining wall.

Both airbags deployed. Fortunately, she walked away with just some bruising and soreness.

The Cruiser is our DD, and based on the crash performance (and everything else) we need a new one as our only other vehicle is my '87 minitruck.

Here are some pics...
View attachment 192037

View attachment 192038

View attachment 192039

Again, thank God she is OK. Please let me know if you kknow of any 80s for sale. I want one either supercharged or deiseled, and lockers are a must.
Thanks...Nick

Check for sale section on the board. Look in classifeds, edmunds.com, cars.com, autotrader.com....Be a good place to start first. As for the s/c I'd look for one without and then add it yourself you don't know how the past owner had taken care of the engine.

Good luck.
Nick

But go for the one on that Denver Craigslist... It's got a S/C under that hood!!!!

Its obvious the used car salesman does not know thats a supercharger. I would not point that out to them.

Thanks everybody. The damage might not look that bad, but the engine is now slightly askew leading me to believe that she bent the PS frame rail. The gutters are foofed due to the inertia the roof rack was carrying. The radiator is pushed into the fan as well. USAA is my carrier, and based on preliminary coversations, it sounds like they will total it.

I'm keeping my roof rack. I spent the better part of the last two hours trying to cut the sliders off of the frame rails. Unfortunately (;)), I must have done an excellent job welding them on 'cause they are going down with the ship. This is especially hard since I just finished that project (with free powdercoating), and was proud of the outcome. Oh well!

Here's what I'm driving until I find something new...
IMG_0342.JPG

It's a close friend of mine's. He said the :princess: isn't allowed to drive it though.;)

I have contacted the seller of this 80:
http://sleeoffroad.com/for_sale/darryl/darryl.htm

This would be a good replacement. I would rather buy something with goodies already attached.

Thanks again!
IMG_0342.JPG

What you guys are forgetting is kind of important, IE Both air bags blew,
Dan can chime in with exact list prices but that is 3k just for the bags and ecm.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom