Moulded vinyl flooring found (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

esh

Threads
Website
www.cascadecruisers.com
Don't know if anyone else is interested in these. I have been looking for this solution for a while. Doing RAAMmat sound deadening and wanted utilitarian flooring over it.

It is about USD300 shipped from Australia. Covers front and rear seating area.

He also sells just the front area for about 2/3 the price. Comes in cruiser color schemes.

All Car Carpet

edit: changed link to their store site (same prices as ebay)

Last edited:
Is this something suitable for replacing the carpet?..... Something you would just use over the bare metal floorboard?

That looks nice and the price is not bad. SOR had something similar but don't know if they still sell it. Let us know how it turns out if you buy it.

I will take pics and let you know. I recently bought vinyl flooring for my '85 pickup (different outfit here in the States) and, while it wasn't moulded to the degree I would like, it looks like it will work fine. Came with some matting as well.

This place makes you specify quite a few details of your truck before they process the order, so I'm guessing they will have a great fit.

Elbert- yes, that is the whole point of this flooring. It replaces a carpet- much like you would find in STOCK 60s and 80s and 100s you can get in Australia, with basic utility dress. 80s could be bought with 4 square headlights, vinyl floors, a diesel and a 5spd. No fluff that we have to deal with here in the States.

I am going to install it over RAAMMat to keep temps even and noise absolutely minimal (I have an alternate reason for this as well- installing a 1HZ-t in the 62 this month, and doing some serious sound system upgrades).

Steve-O @ MAF told me last year that although they've quit showing them on their website, he can still get the OEM vinyl floor mats through special order. Allcarpet is showing the front & rear seat areas at $269 AU plus $135 AU shipping for a total of $283.91 US. Couldn't find anything for the cargo area. I'd like it all in vinyl with matching material for the rear side panels so I could hose it out like a Honda Element.

Did you just wish that your 60 was more like a honda element?

I'm thinking my carpet may come out by this summer....some places it looks like hell anyway (20+ yrs old).

DP -
You mean Honda Ailment? One of my oldest customers bought one for his wife because she & his kids trash any vehicle. He literally hoses it out.

I'd really just like to get rid of the PO's cat piss & make the interior more dirt-friendly.

I saw the e-bay ad too. I would like to know how you like the mat once you get it. Happy New Year! Mike

That's awesome! I'm subscribing to the thread to see how it turns out for you.

That's one thing I want to do sooner rather than later...get rid of the carpet! It holds moisture, dirt, you name it.

Can't be healthy for the floor pan.

This would be perfect. :cheers:

Has anybody thought about using the spray in bedliner material? My neighbor has this in his Wrangler and seems to like it.

Is this something suitable for replacing the carpet?..... Something you would just use over the bare metal floorboard?

The factory vinyl has a soft underlay stuck to it in the 7* series ,I guess the 60 would have been the same

I am going to install it over RAAMMat to keep temps even and noise absolutely minimal (I have an alternate reason for this as well- installing a 1HZ-t in the 62 this month, and doing some serious sound system upgrades).

This sounds brilliant. I'm running a 12HT with bare floor boards, and it's a tad noisy inside :grinpimp:. I'm interested to see how your set-up works for you.

Are you planning to write up the sound system upgrade?

This sounds brilliant. I'm running a 12HT with bare floor boards, and it's a tad noisy inside :grinpimp:. I'm interested to see how your set-up works for you.

Are you planning to write up the sound system upgrade?

Wasn't planning to. It is pretty basic. I have a JVC AVX33 coming (the newer one, the 44, has all touch screen and I think that would be more dangerous to operate). I am getting the Sirius box and the aux in cable. Have yet to hear good things about Ipod connections when you start to have a largish music set, say over 10GB. The JVC I picked over the Alpine media head unit because JVC has built-in bluetooth and a CD/DVD player. Alpine should have the edge in music quality as it uses Burr-Brown DACs.

Running a zapco 500.1 and got a 350.2 for 2 front speakers, which I think I'll go with the nearly highest Focal 6.5" speaker components they sell (higher mid-range stuff). Building an mdf baffle to fit the mids into the stock location and mounting tweeters higher on the door. Sub is a 12" Image Dynamics in an mdf box.. integrated into the rear storage/sleeping platform I have built (mine is currently just a mock up draft). I have a zapco SP4-SL processor for minor eq tweaks and sub gain.

The only trick part is the receiver has a video input and a nice compact video display- something like 900x300 resolution in DIN size, so I am going to run a Helmetcam behind the front axle to do remote spotting.

Read the stuff at the RAAMmat site. He has good information and has been working with the stuff for a few years. I decided on RAAM because he is local to me and got one of the best reviews on that sound deadener shootout web site.

I used the word "serious" above because I am currently running a decent Alpine head and powering 4 coax Infinity Kappas off it, along with the 500.1 zapco powering a 10" Infinity Perfect 10 sub. It is ok sound, but the Infinity stuff doesn't hold up well and got sloppy over time. The new strategy in car audio is 2 front speakers to tighten up your sound stage, but using quality components for it. I have an ear for detail and enjoy more musical than SPL audio. But the good musical stuff works your equipment very hard.

What i would really like to do is figure out a way to mix all my sources. I have a 2m radio, CB, ipod, satellite radio, possibly my nav computer audio, CD/DVD, radio and bluetooth phone all as potential sources, and I'd like to mix those channels to my preference to elminate things like the head unit deciding how to control the switchover when a call comes in. A friend of mine has a pretty trick Vanagan he uses for exploration kayak work. He just uses a 12V mixer going to an amp. Guessing my next rev will be something more along those lines.

I guess I can take pics of the whole package when I get to that phase. It will be a while; a month or two after I get the 1HZ done. Most of my parts collecting is finished.

kramermic- spray-in would work, and I have seen setups where it is a great solution. I just don't like the idea of spraying something over sound deadening materials. There are plenty of other threads that discuss that material, and I would like to keep this one aimed at the vinyl flooring.

WOW -
I was planning to use Damplifier Pro in the "new" 60 (just got done with the cab of my '56 F100: made it almost tolerable on the highway). And then a pretty simple system with a separate sub/amplifier.

Esh - Expound on the "2 front speakers to tighten up your sound stage". I need to move the old components from my previous (non-FJ) DD to my current & had planned to stay with Infinity components.

Tinker- I think you'll be happy as long as nothing is blown and you put an amp on the Infinitys.

The theory goes that rear speakers muddle your sound stage. Music is recorded in stereo, and it doesn't do any good to add more speakers. A good R/L front pair is all you need. Because you may need the volume level, it is ideal to go with a pair that can take power cleanly and a good amp that delivers. The downside is price will increase to meet that requirement depending on how loud you need to go without noticeable distortion.

Passengers are out any decent sound, but that is life. :) Course you could run more than 1 pair and silence the rear channels when you don't need them.

Problem with listening to better and better speakers is you tend to want them...

A customer dropped-off a 60 today @ my shop that has a full set of vinyl mats... super fit, cool as s***!.. I didn't get a chance to ask where they came from....
DSC01218 (Custom).JPG
DSC01219 (Custom).JPG
DSC01223 (Custom).JPG

3 more...........:cool:
DSC01220 (Custom).JPG
DSC01221 (Custom).JPG
DSC01222 (Custom).JPG

Esh -
Had 7 channels pushing 13 drivers in my old DD but can't mount anything in the dash of my "new" '93 (had mids & tweets there & mids in the lower door Bose enclosures & tweets on the a-pillar). The old Sony DSP is crude by today's standards but the effects were pretty clean with the Infinity components.

I hope to put Damplifier in the DD also, thinking it'll make more difference than all the drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom