Gotta have a cup holder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm now down to doing the important tasks after enjoying my restomod for a while. The kids complained about no cup holders and I wanted a place to store and lock things :)princess: and I also needed a cupholder).

I fab'd a center console out of leftover scrap aluminium and stainless. The standard tuffy wouldn't fit with my power leather seats.

Brushed the aluminum with 80 grit sandpaper and then clear-coated the top with left over clear from the paint job. Installed a cam lock and presto...

The cup holders were a simple work on the metal brake .
IMG_6701.jpg
IMG_6704.jpg
IMG_6707.jpg

very nice!

Very well done! Are the bottom and sides one piece? What kind of brake do you have?

Kevin

Very well done! Are the bottom and sides one piece? What kind of brake do you have?

Kevin

Sides and bottom are separate since I was working with scrap metal from work. It was easier to work with in pieces vs. trying to use the brake to bend from one single piece. Just a box/pan brake... not sure what brand since it was also at work.

Yeah, that's what I meant by what kind. I was just curius if you had a hydraulic brake or box/pan "hand" brake.

To be honest and up front with you your thread has piqued my interest because I make items like your console for a living. I also sell a few bits and pieces here on mud to help fund my build. Until I saw your thread I had not thought about making and selling consoles but I may do so in the future. Were you giving any thought to making some to sell? I don't care about competing with outfits like Tuffy but I don't like to butt in on another mudders cottage industry.

Basically what I'm saying is - If you don't make some of these I will :grinpimp:.

:cheers:
Kevin

That is some super-nice work, man! I like it! :)

Basically what I'm saying is - If you don't make some of these I will :grinpimp:.

Kevin

Kevin. I appreciate the courtesy.

Well I've had a few inquiries on making some. If people are okay with me making them as my schedule allows and on par with a non-professional craftsman, then I might make some of these. I'll probably focus on the console only and leave mounting to the installer.

Now that my build is mostly done I need something to do in the garage.

Anyone interested can PM me.

I'd be interested - any guess on a price ?

Those are clean ... I would be interested in one set also.... Figure out the price breakdown , I don't mind waiting!

I also sell a few bits and pieces here on mud to help fund my build. Until I saw your thread I had not thought about making and selling consoles but I may do so in the future. Were you giving any thought to making some to sell? I don't care about competing with outfits like Tuffy but I don't like to butt in on another mudders cottage industry.

Kevin
Now tht you know his answer and still want to make some cool stuff, maybe you could post a thread asking members what they might want and start your own line of custom accessories. Just a thought...

Now tht you know his answer and still want to make some cool stuff, maybe you could post a thread asking members what they might want and start your own line of custom accessories. Just a thought...

Yep, thats cool. He's obviously got the talent. I hope you sell a bunch Nik.

I have a sig full of links to all the stuff I make now. Basically I just make stuff for my own build and post it up in my build thread. Then guys chime in and ask for prices....... exactly like what happened here to Nik

Kevin

Yep, thats cool. He's obviously got the talent. I hope you sell a bunch Nik.

I have a sig full of links to all the stuff I make now. Basically I just make stuff for my own build and post it up in my build thread. Then guys chime in and ask for prices....... exactly like what happened here to Nik

Kevin
My bad. Didn't look at your sig. :doh:

Center Consoles for Sale

Based on the responses, I'm up for making more of these if there's interest.

I'd have to get $160 shipped (within the U.S.) for these to make it worth my time and effort.

Tuffy Consoles are $235 and CCOT consoles on sale for $225 so I think this gives people a lower cost and unique option.

It will be made of aluminum with the exterior brushed and clear-coated. It will have two 3 inch cup cut-outs and will be lockable. Measurements will be 7"HX6.5"WX22"L.

Since everyone's configuration for mounting might be a bit unique, I'll leave mounting bracketry up to you.

Let me know if you're interested. I'll only make them if there's sufficient interest. Keep in mind, this is a side hobby and I'll do my best to get them turned around in a reasonable time frame.

Thanks.

Nik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom