FJ60 PS fittings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
What are the thread sizes and pitches for the FJ60 PS box?

Looks like it might be 16mm x 1.5 on the return and 17 (or 18mm)x 1.5 on the press side...

The pressure side should be 16mm-1.5 inverted flare. We have those fittings. The return side is the problem. I have heard of cases where it was the same 16mm, or a smaller 15mm where no aftermarket fitting is available????????

Nope, the return is 16mm (I got one of your fittings)
the inlet is larger..

It is possible that the one you sent me is a 14mm tho, I have not checked..
I'll be working on that tonight..

Gosh Mace, let me know, we have all of the above. I've never heard of the LC box having larger than 16mm. I always assumed the smaller was 14mm, but I now know that is not 100 percent correct. Evidently the smaller is 15mm or something really bastard??????

Nope, the return is 16mm (I got one of your fittings)
the inlet is larger..

It is possible that the one you sent me is a 14mm tho, I have not checked..
I'll be working on that tonight..

Please do post your findings, I'll be needing the right fittings soon.

:cheers:

Gosh Mace, let me know, we have all of the above. I've never heard of the LC box having larger than 16mm. I always assumed the smaller was 14mm, but I now know that is not 100 percent correct. Evidently the smaller is 15mm or something really bastard??????
No worries, I thought we were right too :D

The adapter you sent me fit the smaller port.

The bigun just needs verification :)
And, the two 60 boses I have (early and later models) both have the same fittings..
So I think (key word) this will be the end of which sizes the fittings are.

okay,
The smaller fitting is indeed 16x1.5 (side note, 5/8 x 18 is close enough to actually thread into the box and seal)

I measured the larger fitting's ID and compared it to the smaller fitting's ID and they are different by almost exactly .04" ~ 1mm

Looks like the press line is 17mm..

Also, my 18x1.5mm tap will not fit in the box..

Low Pressure Port - 16 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare to #6 JIC Male adapter, Toyota - 'PSC Motorsports' #PSC-SF06 or 'Summit Racing' #EAR-9919DFJERL
High Pressure Port - 17 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare to #6 JIC Male adapter, Toyota - 'PSC Motorsports' #PSC-SF07

Or
LEE MFG. CO in Sun Valley CA
818-768-0371
has
16mm x 1.5 inverted flare to #6jic for the return side and
17mm x 1.5 inverted flare to #6jic for the press side for
$8 each

Last edited:
I wanted to get some screw in plugs for the steering box cause I'm going to run without power steering for a while. Have you heard of such a thing or know a better way to cap it off?

the listed ports above with -6jic/AN caps on them would suffice. But lord, why would you do that?

He's training for the America's Cup.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I think it would be better to loop the in & out together so the pressure/vacuum doesn't cause a problem.

Just ordered 2 of the 17mm units from Lee Mfg.

I'll report back when I have them in my hand..

Alright, got the adapters in my hand.

Fit perfectly..

Glory days...

Btw, this worked on both older bolt pattern and newer pattern steering boxes. The pic is of the newer box but I checked my older pattern box as well.
DSCF1016-400.jpg

Guess that is why I stripped the threads when using a 16mm tap on one of my boxes. These thread sizes for both early and later boxes? I guess the later ones were the same on the 62.

So what are the adapters for?

Last edited:
the adapters are to -6AN (JIC). It makes it VERY easy to run a russel (or similar) hose for your high press PS line. the pressures are fine. It is a much more common thing that any hose place can duplicate for you. Or, you keep a spare length of hose handy for trail repairs..

This is how I ran my 40 for years and now with it full hydro I still run it that way..

It also lets you run a Sag PS pump to a stock box easily..

The two bolt patterns go from FJ60's to FJ80's IIRC. I would like some verification on the 80 series box tho.

Yeah the earlier (81-84?) gearboxes on 60's have all four mounting holes in a rectangular pattern. The later boxes from around 84 on, the top and bottom mounting holes are offset side to side when looking at the box as mounted on the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom