can you see anything wrong (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well went to wash the cruiser came home parkeed her and as i was drying it off i noticed this.

just a warning to all those running greasable pins.

i will be replacing all pins and shackles now thanks to failure of parts. i will not say what company sold them but i have let them know about this.

anyone know the size for new bolts. just got back from ace and could not find identical bolts.
02-19-08_1306.jpg

if you cant tell whats wrong, look on the top left were a bolt should be and the bottm right were a nut should be,

sheared right off, and i havent done any wheeling for several months so i could have been driving around for awhile on broken bolts.

the top left is not only sheared off but about 1 1/2 inches of the bolt is gone

:eek::eek:

Glad it didn't completely come apart on ya!

no kidding, so let this be a warning to those running this junk.

and to think i almost took my kid for a spin the other day...

wow thats scary, I'm glad it didn't pop off and cause a wreck. I guess there is a reason in driver ed they told you to always inspect the rig before driving it...
Howdy! Glad you caught it before it fell off all the way. When Fly-N-Hi did my spring over they used really cheap/thin steel for my shackles, and grade 3 bolts. after about two years, I found that all the holes in the shackles had ovaled out really bad, and the bolts were all necked down more than 1/8". That's not quite as scary as yours. I would not hesitate to name the vendor and please do keep us posted on his response. I would not consider it as vendor bashing, just helpful info for all of us. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom