ROTW ROTW 2badfjs 69 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
quick history on the 40.

bought this over 16 years ago, bone stock with new upholstry on stock 60/40 front seats and rear jump seats.
stock rims and hub caps.
the body was pretty clean except for under the tail gate.
$2300.
fixed the leaky fuel pump and we were good to go.
wheeled it in stock form for about 3-4 years and then got the bug.

put some add-a-leafs on it and some 31's oooooooooooo :D

later on:
a lock-rite was added
2.5" skyjacker lift was put on
built a 2f out of a 78 40
bored .40 over
rv cam
weber 38mm
mallory dual point dist.
header with a 2.5" exhaust
basicly copied man-a-fre's performance motor and bought most of the parts from them (no issues BTW, great service):D

the last year:
i picked up a free sm465 from fjcharles in dallas and when it got to me it also had a bonus part on it ;) a 3spd t-case adapter :bounce::bounce2:
i had also installed a set of flipped rear fj60 springs in the rear of 40, which looks to give a decent departure angle.
then took it to the Rising Sun Rallye last summer and that was the last time i drove it around.

how it sits now:
i have a set of fj60 axles going under the 40 along with another set or rear fj60 springs that will get mounted up front.
a scout power steering set up will get installed along with a fj60 steering colum
i made my oun power steering pump bracket to mount the pump on the pass side of the motor.;)
still need to finish my cage up along with tubing the seat mounts.
will also remove and tube the front fenders.

the break down:
69 fj40
modified 78 2f
sm465
3spd t-case with Posers adapter
fj60 rear axle Hobart locker ;) with disc brakes
fj60 front axle with a lock-rite
flipped rear fj60 springs at both ends SUA
scout p/s
36" bia iroks on 15x10 rims
old school bellview winch with original in cab operating cables.

i'll get more pics later

thanx for playing
DSC01841.JPG
DSC01842.JPG
DSC01843.JPG

very nice.......1 question - what is the clasp on the rear quarter for?

cheers
mat

yep, when we had a hard top and a roof rack. you could use the tire and the step to load. :D
it worked better at that angle and not flat.

well there you go......

awsome rig......

Q:Ducks..Looks great. How much lift do you get with the 60's springs?

they are hybred springs. the rears are set up with the 2.5 rear skyjackers i had on it.
the fronts right now are not on but they are also a hybred pak only i'm using a 4" skyjacker pak to see what happens ;)
i'm going for a slight nose up look.

i only used the top two leaves out of the 60 paks so i could run the military wraps.

Q,igniter: Love the roll cage. Can you send me the measurement of the rollcage?

what specs do you want?

the cage is a mild repro of Maces "birdcage" design :D

Hi All:

Wow dude, you *did* catch the bug! :D

Your rig is undergoing quite the transformation! :beer:

Could you explain the "hybred" spring packs using 60 Series top leaves and Skyjacker lift leaves?

Thanks! Keep it coming!

Regards,

Alan

Hi All:

Wow dude, you *did* catch the bug! :D

Your rig is undergoing quite the transformation! :beer:

Could you explain the "hybred" spring packs using 60 Series top leaves and Skyjacker lift leaves?

Thanks! Keep it coming!

Regards,

Alan

yup, i take the main leaf with the mounting eyes out of the lift pak and slap them together with the two main 60 leafs.i usually leave out the smallest leaf of the lift pak.

i'll make and weld some retainer straps on the new paks to keep them from fanning out.

very nice i would like to see more pics of your power stearing set up thats going to be my next upgrade . again nice work more pics!!!!

Again, who does your fab work?:flipoff2:

Hi All:

2BadFJs, what do you mean by "flipped" 60 Series rear springs? 60/62 Series rear spring packs mounted normally will push the rear axle on a 40 Series four inches.

Are the rear fixed end and shackle hangers still in the stock location on your rig?

Thanks!

Alan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yup, i take the main leaf with the mounting eyes out of the lift pak and slap them together with the two main 60 leafs.i usually leave out the smallest leaf of the lift pak.

i'll make and weld some retainer straps on the new paks to keep them from fanning out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom