rebuilding a hickley sidewinder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any one here ever rebuild a hickley sidewinder?

I have one but the inside is sludgy etc, wanted to take ti apart and regrease it etc.

Anyone done this before?

5108698224_667575b940_o.jpg

Any one here ever rebuild a hickley sidewinder?.......................

First off, your going to have to get the name right. Especially if you want to get any info on it.

It's a Hickey Sidewinder (no 'l' in the name) sold by Advance Adapters. Looks like a lot of work. Hickey Sidewinders had their own unique problems and Hickey is out of business, so unless you have a sentimental attachment to it, I think your money and time would be better spent rebuilding a good Warn or Ramsey. Just an opinion, good luck with what you decide.

thanks man :D

oops yeah I type like a four year old some times, sorry about that.

Yeah, knew they were out of business, winch looks simple enough, motor gears and spindle actuator and housing. Was just hoping someone had rebuilt one, did not find anything in search :D

Thanks man :)

Never rebuilt them but I still see Cruisers from time to time with Sidewinders. As odd as it is I have a New-In-Box Hickey Sidewinder just sitting on a shelf. I picked it up 5-6 years ago now and have still yet to find a good use for it :D

Never rebuilt them but I still see Cruisers from time to time with Sidewinders. As odd as it is I have a New-In-Box Hickey Sidewinder just sitting on a shelf. I picked it up 5-6 years ago now and have still yet to find a good use for it :D

awesome!

photos? :D

What year?
Does it have all the manuals and stuff?

Is it for sale?

:D

They are good stout winches, I remember (back in the day) lots of folks bought them because they were easy to mount between the frame rails.

Quite a few folks mounted them in the rear of the vehicle as well.

They are notorious for "pinching" the cable when spooling in though, so just be advised.

awesome!

photos? :D

What year?
Does it have all the manuals and stuff?

Is it for sale?

:D

I'll put it on my list of things to get a photo of :D Manuals and everything :cool:

I'm actually going to be moving a ton of parts I've had in storage to the new shop in the coming weeks. When we move it I'll grab some pics. For sale? What isn't :D

I'll likely hang onto it for a bit as I might have a project lined up for it.

Awesome Kurt :)

Would love to see some photos when you get time, and maybe scans of the manual :D
Would be truly helpful for me, and I would totally appreciate it :D

If you do not end up using it for a project please hit me up!

Thanks man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom