For Sale 1983 Volvo 244 DL - Lots of Extras (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how many miles?
When is the last time it passed emissions Test

Just over 300K mi, but motor is in excellent condition (see Turbobricks post for more info). Last passed emissions when I got it in '09. In CA, emissions are required to pass in order for the vehicle to change ownership, so I'll be ensuring it passes. I may need to get a new cat, as I believe it was a close call last time.

-Phil

I had a 72 and 84 volvo's kinda miss them.. Think the 72 is what got me hooked on the straight 6.. Tried to look at the link but couldn't ???

You have to register to see that thread on turbobricks. Can you copy the post over here?

I had a 72 and 84 volvo's kinda miss them.. Think the 72 is what got me hooked on the straight 6.. Tried to look at the link but couldn't ???

The B20 (2.0L I4) and B30 (3.0 I6) motors, also known as "Greenblocks" (I know they're red, but the first ones were green, thus the name) are fantastic motors. Volvo's last pushrod motor. The B30 powers the TGB series military trucks (which I have vowed to own as my next truck!). Very strong little motor with a fairly flat torque curve. Volvo stopped using the greenblocks in US cars in '76, replacing them with the "Redblock" series motors, a more modern OHC motor.

nice3032.jpg

-Phil

Last edited:
bump - the price is OBO guys!

-Phil

Come on guys - I'm open to offers. I just want the car to go to someone who will appreciate it!

-Phil

Bump for a bad ass ride. I could use something like this, but shy by about $3K. Wish I had a way to get the car, dont see any like it, ever... Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for all the comments guys! It looks like my circumstances are changing, so I may actually be able to hang on to it - which I'm very excited about!

GAH! Circumstances have changed again and I still need to sell :(

ALSO: I just installed a brand new brake master cylinder and junction block - this has cured the issues with the brakes - there was a slow leak from the pressure switch on the junction block - the new unit fixes that. The new MC is just icing on the cake :)

Bump - updated into. This is now for sale in Hendersonville, TN. Made the cross-country trek with only a failed lift pump. All new exhaust system with cat and just passed emissions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom