This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm an analog guy in a digital world. Give me a V8, a Rochester Quadrajet and a distributor, and I can make it all run perfectly. Those days and that hardware are long gone. I have never before done something like this, but I stopped in to Battle Born Offroad in Las Vegas this week and had them install the Yotawerx Active Duty tune for mid-grade fuel in my 2022 TRD Offroad. I've only had it in for a couple of days, but so far, this is a big thumbs up! It just drives better, more torque, better response, holds first gear a bit longer which is a very good thing, I always felt the rig shifted too early. I'll be doing a 600 mile trip with a trailer in a couple of days. It's a load and a route that I have done a thousand times, so it will be interesting to see how she does.

Thank you, Mr. Walsh! Yes, I have an update. I should have done this long ago. It is so much more enjoyable to drive. Power is up, mileage is up a tad as well. I actually got rubber out of a stoplight last week after I turned off the traction control.

Thank you, Mr. Walsh! Yes, I have an update. I should have done this long ago. It is so much more enjoyable to drive. Power is up, mileage is up a tad as well. I actually got rubber out of a stoplight last week after I turned off the traction control.
Reviving an older thread. Any thoughts on the tune after a couple or so months?

Sounds like the factory tune borders on "lugging" the engine per se? I get that manufactures are driven to this in the name of CAFE, etc. But it is a shame when it's counterproductive lol. So is this a case of increased driveability by adding a little meat to the bone?

Definitely more power, especially at the lower end of the spectrum. Pulling through corners in 3rd gear is much easier now. Towing a trailer full of dirt bikes is also easier. Makes me wonder why Toyota didn't tune them this way from the start

So what is involve in the install? Is this a piggy back unit or they rewrite the factory program? Is this only for 5th Gen. 4Runners?

So what is involve in the install? Is this a piggy back unit or they rewrite the factory program? Is this only for 5th Gen. 4Runners?
It's a reflash. They have them for 4th and 5th gen 4Runners. Go to the Yotawerx site, there is a list of places that can do it for you, or you can buy a tuner from them preloaded with the SW for your rig and DIY. I have had other 4Runner owners drive mine and they are blown away. BUT... I have a Y-pipe and a pedal commander as well. The end result is the rig is SOOO much better to drive, so much more responsive, it's hard to reconcile the fact that it's still the same engine. It's actually zippy. Nobody has ever said that about a T4R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom