Yellow Post Camping this weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventureduo.com
Ok, so i never post invites.. here's one.

We're heading up into the San Bernardino Mountains to do some yellow post remote camping. These are first come first serve. No fee. No water. No bathrooms. No tables. Campfires allowed when fire restrictions permit. Campfire permits are required.

Friday night.
Going to camp near Lytle Creek area up on the mountain at Yellow Post #15 (Pit Camp). Room for like 2-3 vehicles.

I have GPS coords if you want to join us. It's a beautiful spot with a nice view. Going to shove off from the DuoShop(Anaheim) around 4pm Friday. Should arrive at camp before 6 if traffic isn't too bad.

Here's a photo of where we plan to camp for the night.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/FishPOET/Big Bear Yellow Post/YP15.jpg

Here's a map of the area. (camping at YP15)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/FishPOET/Maps/Lytle.jpg

Saturday
Leave like 7am and head for Big Bear via 138 and meet with a friend and his girl in Big Bear. Then go find a camp site on the southern end of the lake. Find whatever yellow post site that looks good that we can get into. We'll go ahead and have our famous tri tip competition for dinner.

Sunday
Pack up whenever we want and head into town for Breakfast. Maybe pick up a trail or head to an airplane crash on the way home on the backside of the mountain.

Forest adventure pass is needed and i have a campfire permit.

If anyone wants to join us, post up. We can probably take 1-2 rigs. Yellow post sites are small. A stock rig will be fine for this trip. Currently we have no plans for any hard trails.. but just rather a relaxing weekend.

Last edited:
If I weren't leaving for summer camp the following weekend, I'd join you Dave. Thanks for posting. Keep trying!!!

Not surprising. It's got to be dry as hell up there already! Hurry to Oceano Dunes - the Governator is going to close it!

Ok, the recording is a year old!!!!!! Jesus Christ. It's from June 24th, 2008! Spoke with numerous SO's and 2 different ranger stations. The yellow sites are wide open for campfires. Oy vei!!! Game plan is back on.

Oh God, that's funny! With cutbacks, layoff's etc. I'm sure the just don't have anyone responsible for that any longer and it's up to one of the rangers working the field.

Yeah i hear ya. Sorry for the rant.. i just get so irritated every time i try and plan a mountain trip.. i just have to jump through hoops to make it happen. I have adv pass, i have a current fire permit.. all ducks in a row each time. My plan B was to head up on top of Alamo mountain near Gorman and its closed!!! I swear. I love the desert.

Anyways, we'll be at YP15 all weekend now if anyone wants to join us.

Please - for those of us that live vicariously thru your pics and reports! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom