Yellow Fog Lights (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m in an LED upgrade on my 2011. I’m going with yellow fog lights and looked everywhere my small brain can think of (even the search tool) and can’t find anything on how to replace them. Would one of you great and powerful members (I said member 😏) point me in the proper direction?

I did it recently on my 2011 lx 570. there are multiple ways of doing it.
Most convenient way for installation point of view is to open up the plastic covers in the wheel wells and plastic covers right underneath the bumpers right below the fog lights. that way you can screw and unscrew it easily and look straight at it.

The way I did it, I just loosened the bottom plastic covers under the bumper and slided my hand in and with quite a bit of fiddling and aiming blindly, was able to remove the existing one and put a new one in place.
Twisting the existing light out is quite difficult and you dont have enough leverage with that cramped space and angle (when you are lying down below on the floor).

This is a close enough video of how to do it.

I have the PIAA "Solar Yellow Fog Light 9006" bulbs in mine and really like them. I'm not sure what the proper procedure is to install the bulbs, but the backs of the fog lights are technically accessible by turning the wheels and shoving your hand behind the fender liner (the smaller your hands, the better). You may lose some knuckle skin, but that's how I swapped mine out.

Got R’ done

0A2AE9A1-2EC7-49EF-A359-AED90A55B52E.jpeg

I think the turn signals on my '11 are brighter than the OEM fog lights. Let us know how the install went and the bulbs you installed.

It was some generic Toyota bracket from DD. I know it wasn’t the 4Runner bracket, because that did not fit. I think it might have been Tacoma.

This is the only picture I have on my phone now, but you get the idea.

IMG_4958.jpeg

Looks great! I need some better fog lights and this is the direction I’m leaning. Just not sure if I need the SS3 max or if the sports or pros would be good enough

Go Max and don’t look back!
I run the all the time and they don’t offend other drivers, but put out a ton of usable light.

@Sverige I'm also in a '13 LC, and have had a tough time figuring out which actual bracket would be the one. It sounds like you've had them for awhile, but any chance that you have a P/N or description from the bracket when you originally ordered it?

TIA!

Agreed, I took my 13 lights out and measured.. none of the factory brackets should work. Unless he’s talking about the generic bracket and some fabrication to mount that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom