Yaesu FT-3200 Analog/Digi 2m (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been casually following Yaesu's attempt at amateur digital radios--their version of Icom's D-star. The D-star equipment is way too expensive for my tastes and amount of usage.

So I FINALLY talked a wheeling buddy into getting a 2m radio. Today I moseyed on down to Ham Radio Outlet.

I intended on getting a Yaesu FT 2900 (the 1900 is NLA). Right next to it was the 3200 for $20 less after instant rebate.

Well now.

So I had the sales man test out the audio using an HT to comm with the display unit (antenna on the roof) FWIW...and there was a noticeable difference in received audio between analog and digital. I like it. So I bought two. It will replace my Icom V8000, which I never have liked.

Love/hate reviews on eham, but I bought the radio through a legit source and can have any warranty work done without hassle.

Note that the 3200 has both analog and digital, for way less than Icom's digital only. The Yaesu can detect the signal differences without your input.... both rx AND tx.

The Yaesu is almost a clone of the Icom 8000, big heat sink, cooling fan (the Icom fan is LOUD) and loud front-fire speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom