XO cage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
soo i went out to a shop that builds sand rails and roll cages for some of the hot rods in town. there out in goshen well they saw what i wanted they said it was going to at least 3500 crazy!
hey if anyone knows of someone that does them locally let me know.

You could buy your own bender and tube and do it yourself for much less than that.

dude i think 3 members have benders... make it a work day well knock it out.....say alot o cash.....

Soma advice...make sure to flange it in sections so you can take it off to get at stuff. mines not and it makes some things a pain in the ass.

x2

hrew will save you some money as well

Lets make a work day like the AXE BODY WASH MODEL said, it may not increase his ability to mate but he sure can weld now!!!!!!

I'm going to be buying a bunch of tube and steel soon and I will ask about quantity pricing if any of you want to put a group buy together.

X3 or X4, I forgot the ount, on HREW. use the members with benders. A few of us bring our welders and it would be done n a day.

X3 or X4, I forgot the ount, on HREW. use the members with benders. A few of us bring our welders and it would be done n a day.

It will take a little longer than a day unfortunately. An exo takes a lot of mock up time to make it correct.

i allways wanted to do it but yes after seeing his truck it got me going alittle bit

I have also thought of an exo. Before you complete an exo, you need to consider a few things.

1. Eventual tire size is one. To go with bigger tires, you need to trim fenders and tub the rear quarters. Your exo will need to follow those lines.

2. What size tubing. I recommend no bigger 1.5"

3. What type of design do you want for your exo. 4 Runners are tough as they have much more sheet metal to protect. Search on pirate4x4 for ideas. I have seen some 4 Runners where they jsut exo the front and try the best they can to protect the rear sheetmetal.

i have been doing my research on this for awhile now. i am going to go with 1.5 inches. here are some pics of some i was thinking about doing.
front%20exo1.jpg
Sammys%2520cage.JPG

I saw the orange one on Pirate. It's a very clean and has very few bars on it, which I like.

The bottom pic looks like mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom