Wire ID Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m normally able to ID wires from the wiring diagram but I’m needing some help with this one as I’m not sure where it’s running. I don’t know if this connector is factory or a PO hack. On my 74 behind the gauge cluster. I’m not sure if it was tucked down where I never noticed it loose before or if it’s come unattached from something. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_1034.jpeg

Upon further investigation I’m an idiot. It’s clearly running from my turn signal switch.

That wire is not used on a 1974 and later. When Toyota changed to the separate turn signal tail lights, they no longer needed to have the brake and turn signals combined in the turn switch. That Green/White wire would have went to the brake switch.

That wire is not used on a 1974 and later. When Toyota changed to the separate turn signal tail lights, they no longer needed to have the brake and turn signals combined in the turn switch. That Green/White wire would have went to the brake switch.

Because Toyota did this we at least have one fewer one year only part in our 73 FJ40s. I show the turn signal switch still available 9/72-9/77. My guess 9/72-9/73 only would have been discontinued long time ago like the instrument cluster, reverse light and heater switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom