Wheels that work, part numbers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wheel Vintiques 16x7, 4" backspace from Summit Racing.

Part #12-670604

Summit link

EDIT: No spacers needed on my 62 with stock calipers, etc... thus, "wheels that work"

IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4395-2.JPG

IMG_4390.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, I love them. Thats a P78, right at 33" 32" tall, section width is 9.25 and tread width is about 8.5 mounted on the 7" wide rim.

EDITED

Last edited:
@89cruiserfj62
Freaking awesome. Is that gray their factory paint? Or did you PC them?
Do they bolt right up with no issues?

I believe my search is over!

Thanks for posting.

They come in gray primer, but I painted them with this.....

"Dark Machine Gray". Not perfect, but close.

IMG_3757.JPG

I have been sitting here thinking up different tire combinations that will work on my truck. I'm thinking 235/85/16 could work nicely? Tall and skinny!

did not see a reply, would like to know if they bolt up with no need for spacers.

killer looking wheel, I am actually almost excited about buying wheels again. Its these Summits or OEM 16x?(6")

@89cruiserfj62

Do they bolt right up with no issues?

did not see a reply, would like to know if they bolt up with no need for spacers.

killer looking wheel, I am actually almost excited about buying wheels again. Its these Summits or OEM 16x?(6")

No spacers needed, also available in 16x6.

Thanks

Think 255/85/16 on those rims will be just what I am looking for and they will work on all my 40/45/60

Thanks @89cruiserfj62 -- I've noticed those in the Summit catalog but they slipped my mind. I was preparing to buy spacers for 17" Tacoma wheels but my heart was in steelies! & these are the same price as spydertrax

Thanks @89cruiserfj62 -- I've noticed those in the Summit catalog but they slipped my mind. I was preparing to buy spacers for 17" Tacoma wheels but my heart was in steelies! & these are the same price as spydertrax

Yeah I thought I wanted the 16x6 splits then I learned about the tubes, then I looked into the Tacoma spares and discovered you needed spacers so I moved on and then found these.

Yes,
The 60 and 62 are identical as far as wheel fit goes.

This is true.

Do these fit on a 60 as well?

I tried a set of these (the substitute "vision" wheel, actually) on my FJ40 and my FJ60. They fit on the rear but not on the front. On the front they rubbed the calipers (front disc on the 40). Rather than return the wheels I used a 1/4" spacer on the front, which I wasn't really happy about, but it's working fine.

so they fit the front of the 60 but not the front of the 40? wonder if the 40 has had its calipers changed to 4runner or something

This is true.

I tried a set of these (the substitute "vision" wheel, actually) on my FJ40 and my FJ60. They fit on the rear but not on the front. On the front they rubbed the calipers (front disc on the 40). Rather than return the wheels I used a 1/4" spacer on the front, which I wasn't really happy about, but it's working fine.

so they fit the front of the 60 but not the front of the 40? wonder if the 40 has had its calipers changed to 4runner or something

They didn't fit either vehicle. The 60 does have 4runner calipers, but 40 calipers are stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom