Wheel stud ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do the fj40's and 60's have the same wheel bolt pattern. I searched the archives without much luck. Reason is is that my 40 is restored and my 60 isn't and I'm going to be tow dollying the 60 1600 miles and don't really want to buy new tires for it just yet as I'm not exactly sure what I want to put on it. So my thought was to swap the rear wheels off of my lc's for the trip

Wheel bolt pattern - yes

Do the fj40's and 60's have the same wheel bolt pattern. I searched the archives without much luck. Reason is is that my 40 is restored and my 60 isn't and I'm going to be tow dollying the 60 1600 miles and don't really want to buy new tires for it just yet as I'm not exactly sure what I want to put on it. So my thought was to swap the rear wheels off of my lc's for the trip

FJ40 rims fit on the 60's. Better on the rear since there isn't a backspacing issue. I had got a set of FJ40 aftermarket off a CL a few years ago and the bolts are dead on, but I had to run 1/4" spacers on the front to clear the tie rod ends. No problem whatsoever with the rear ones. I've also had a set off of a 80 series, again with spacers.

Glenn in Tucson

FJ40 rims fit on the 60's. Better on the rear since there isn't a backspacing issue. I had got a set of FJ40 aftermarket off a CL a few years ago and the bolts are dead on, but I had to run 1/4" spacers on the front to clear the tie rod ends. No problem whatsoever with the rear ones. I've also had a set off of a 80 series, again with spacers.

Glenn in Tucson

He'll, I run a set of FJ Cruiser wheels on my 60. I don't think Toyota EVER changed out the bolt pattern...

bolt pattern is the same.

Older 40 rims (drum brake) came stock with riveted rims. Those rims will not work with the disk brakes on the front of a 60.

Backspacing should not matter. The TR location to the WMS is essentially the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom