Wheel bearing or tire noise? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello;

I have a 2007 with 120K miles on it. It seems to drive strong, but there is a noticeable rumble out of the rear end right around 35-40mph.........once you go faster, it seems to go away. My tires are not that aggressive so I was wondering if I could have a wheel bearing issue. Is there an easy way to check this without bringing it in for service.

Thank you.

Hello;

I have a 2007 with 120K miles on it. It seems to drive strong, but there is a noticeable rumble out of the rear end right around 35-40mph.........once you go faster, it seems to go away. My tires are not that aggressive so I was wondering if I could have a wheel bearing issue. Is there an easy way to check this without bringing it in for service.

Thank you.
Todd I'm not sure what a rumble sounds like but I do know the early 2007 models had some rear differential issues and that might be what you are hearing. What I do not know if Toyota actually had a recall. If they did you could have a dealership run your vin and see if needs replacing

The rumble is likely your automatic transmission. Take it to a place that will just drop the pan, clean the filter screen, replace the pan and add back 6qts of world spec ATF. No need to do a full flush, which could very well make things worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom