What is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know its not a 416, at least no model of it that I have ever seen.

I guess it could be an ooooold truck bed. The axle is a welded up ford 9" I think. There's no rust, and just a little bit of body damage. And all the light look new.

What do you guyz think? I haven't bought it yet, but I'm seriously thinking about it.
1a trailer.jpg

Spend the cash on a cnd101

That thing looks beat!

Yeah the front looks to be beat up, but it doesn't seem to be anything too serious. The back doesn't look too bad. I think the tire is just low from sitting too long. It is already on 6 lug, so I would need to change out the axle except for aesthetics, so that could wait.

I was thinking that I could add some triangulation to the front and make a little deck for extra storage. I was also thinking of some way that I could put my conferr roofrack on it to add a second layer.

Plus, I live a long way from Canada.

Last edited:
heres the back end
1b trailer.jpg

The (crappy fitting) tailgate is off an early 60's Dodge truck Sweptline bed.

Don't matter what it is sir. :rolleyes:

Offer the Fella a hun'erd bucks, squirt a can of flat fixin' juice in that tire, load 'er slap full with campin' gear and beer ... and start towin' it. :cool:

Dare to be diff'rent. :beer:

:flamingo:

I'm gonna take cowboys advice and start my offer at 100 bucks. I'll probably make a new tailgate out of angle iron and expanded metal if i get it. I figure it will be a good project to practice my welding skills, and I won't be like everybody else. Now just to get a hitch.

I was thinking International Harvester tailgate...

Buy it already. I bought a trailer for $200 from a neighbor & I've used the snot outta it, way more than I coulda done w/a $200 Harbor Freight trailer. Shoot, one load of (free) firewood almost paid for it.

I look forward to watching your build. Whatever you do, DONT let Uhaul touch your 60 to install a hitch!

Yea, but in his second post he says he wants to add triangulation to the front. That'd support the long breakable 'neck' in addtion to gaining storage space.

I've been lookin a bit and you cant touch nothin for $200.

Looks like it is well worth that from the pics...Gotta give a good look though in person.

I gave it a pretty good look. The surface rust seems to be the biggest problem, other than the towing 'neck'. Still haven't bought it yet. Talked myself out of it for the time being. I'm going to work on a new rear bumper, or just adding a receiver hitch. Then if its still there in a few weeks I'll probably try and pretty much talk the guy out of it. With what I want to do with it, and my limited fundage, i'm just going to have to wait a bit beforing biting into this one.

it's worth 200 IMOP. really nothing out there you can buy for 200.

Yes some triangulation will make the tongue stiffer.

I say buy it. A utility trailer is one of the best investments a guy can buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom