What have you done to your 2nd gen Tacoma this week? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FerrisBueller

SILVER Star
Threads
Didn't see an existing thread, so starting one.

Placed storage bags under the foldable xtracab seats. Perfect size to fit under there. Starting to fill them with the typical things I put on every vehicle I own. I will also strap these to the mounting points of the front seats so that in case of an accident, they won't fly around the cabin.

20230904_164138.jpg

20230904_164144.jpg

At the moment they hold an air compressor and a 20" cross lug wrench. Will be adding ratchet straps, hand tools, jumper cables, and more soon.

20230904_164233.jpg

Also added a foam board for a flat surface in the back when the seats are up. (Had to cut 3" off one side.)

20230904_164846.jpg

Installed RCI rock sliders.

1000013659.jpg

Installed wireless Android Auto display unit. Phone connects to it via Bluetooth, and then the unit connects to the stereo via another Bluetooth connection. So there's only a single cable, for power.

1000013677.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered some maintenance items from Serra Toyota of Decatur using the current Toyota 25% off and free shipping deal.

1000014478.jpg

Toyota is unforgiving with that carrier bearing price! Be sure to swap out the ujoints while you got it all apart
What is the typical lifespan of these ujoints? I figured they would last a super long time (although I don't know if the previous owner ever greased them).

What is the typical lifespan of these ujoints? I figured they would last a super long time (although I don't know if the previous owner ever greased them)

My 2wd (non greaseable) u-joints had to be replaced every 100k miles. My 4wd u-joints (greaseable) with 196k miles are just fine. They were greased regularly though . Big tires and lifts can ruin them early. They are not as robust as Land Cruiser 80 u-joints.

Old tires were slipping a ton in the rain we just had, and there wasn't a ton of tread left. I was hoping to get another 5,000 to 10,000 miles out of them, but they were toast. Bumped up to LT265/75R16 E, which gains a little over 1" diameter. Plus, replaced with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T which tend to measure over spec for a given size, which was true here (measuring in at a full 32", which ends up being 1.4" over the original oem size). These fill in the wheel wells with a lift soooo much better!

I have loved the Baja Boss AT on my cruiser, so that's why I went with them here.

Before
1000014819.jpg

After
1000014824.jpg

1000014823.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom