What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice 62. Too bad about the Honda wannabe.
The 62 belongs to Jack Carr and was used on the Termial List theatrical production.

The Honda wannabe is the world speed record SUV. 230.02 mph.

The Honda wannabe is the world speed record SUV. 230.02 mph.
Does it still have the special powertrain? Cage? How did they lower it so much? Notched frame in the rear? Lowering knuckles in front?

I’ll never do stuff like this but I’m interested in how Toyota went about such a project.

Does it still have the special powertrain? Cage? How did they lower it so much? Notched frame in the rear? Lowering knuckles in front?

I’ll never do stuff like this but I’m interested in how Toyota went about such a project.

The powertrain is complete. It now has the complete interior installed. No cage. That 3U looks wicked.

I have an Ecoflow Delta 2 now as a power unit for camping so I feel like I don't really need a two battery setup any more, especially since my house battery was really weak anyway. So I tried to shave off some extra pounds as well by changing my starter battery out for an Antigravity lithium. Another bonus is simplifying the system a little bit and eliminating some of the extra wiring that was necessary for the dual battery setup.

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

After:

DSC00734.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

Finally completed a few small cosmetic mods on my LC200 to offer a personal homage to some Land Cruiser heritage:
1) grill change for a glimpse of the FJ60 grill lettering (hints of LC300 grill too)
2) side badge from the FJ40
3) color matched chrome emblem in back for letters to pop like either the LC100 or the LC300
IMG_2982.jpeg
IMG_2974.jpeg
IMG_2987.jpeg
IMG_2971.jpeg

Finally completed a few small cosmetic mods on my LC200 to offer a personal homage to some Land Cruiser heritage:
1) grill change for a glimpse of the FJ60 grill lettering (hints of LC300 grill too)
2) side badge from the FJ40
3) color matched chrome emblem in back for letters to pop like either the LC100 or the LC300
View attachment 3489297View attachment 3489298View attachment 3489299View attachment 3489300
Looks awesome. Wish my 200 would be in a shape that allows those badges since they would be the only shiny part on the car…
Is there a normal grill with the horizontal bars out there that have the Toyota writing like yours? Just dont like this honeycomb looking grills like the 4-runner but would like to have the Toyota writing…

Happy Thanksgiving! I haven't posted for a while, but my '11 LX is still kicking ass and taking names at 128K miles. This week I replaced plugs (needed them) and replaced brake pads for the second time (didn't need them) and rotors for the first (didn't need them) and also flushed the brake fluid for probably the fifth time (fluid looked good).

The reason I am posting: My internal clock has been telling me for months that I probably need to replace tires soon, but every time I check them out, they look fine and I try to forget about it for another couple of months. It wasn't until yesterday that I took the time to look up when I first installed the current tires. I was absolutely blown away to find out that I purchased five Falken WildPeak LT285-55R20 tires at 46,500 miles and that I now have over 80K miles on them! I have never in my 4+ decades of driving 7 different trucks and SUVs gotten treadwear anywhere close to this! I bet I could easily log 100K miles on these tires!

Is everyone else getting wear like this on Falkens?

-4499522390914503989.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving! I haven't posted for a while, but my '11 LX is still kicking ass and taking names at 128K miles. This week I replaced plugs (needed them) and replaced brake pads for the second time (didn't need them) and rotors for the first (didn't need them) and also flushed the brake fluid for probably the fifth time (fluid looked good).

The reason I am posting: My internal clock has been telling me for months that I probably need to replace tires soon, but every time I check them out, they look fine and I try to forget about it for another couple of months. It wasn't until yesterday that I took the time to look up when I first installed the current tires. I was absolutely blown away to find out that I purchased five Falken WildPeak LT285-55R20 tires at 46,500 miles and that I now have over 80K miles on them! I have never in my 4+ decades of driving 7 different trucks and SUVs gotten treadwear anywhere close to this! I bet I could easily log 100K miles on these tires!

View attachment 3489412
Thats amazing.

What I was more amazed by was we have the EXACT matching garage floor

Ya I know it’s not the best this time of year but I have to be in Monday for business so figured I’d make try and make the most of it. May end up doing more driving around and sight seeing this time around. 🤷🏼‍♂

That's the way it's been here for years. No real skiing at Thanksgiving anymore. Even Christmas can be hit or miss for a ski vacation

I have an Ecoflow Delta 2 now as a power unit for camping so I feel like I don't really need a two battery setup any more, especially since my house battery was really weak anyway. So I tried to shave off some extra pounds as well by changing my starter battery out for an Antigravity lithium. Another bonus is simplifying the system a little bit and eliminating some of the extra wiring that was necessary for the dual battery setup.

View attachment 3489255

View attachment 3489256

After:

View attachment 3489257

View attachment 3489258

Nice. Totally agree and most of my camping buddies have all progressed to portable lithium batts. Can't beat the flexibility?

I haven't dug very deep on the anti-gravity batts but see them pop up here and there. Which size format did you get? Must be a nice weight savings. Another thing I haven't wrapped my head around is the temperature range?

OPERATION TEMPERATUREThis product is designed to work in ambient temperatures between -5°C to 60°C (23°F to 140°F). For best performance do not operateoutside of temperature ranges. Do not jump-start a frozen battery. Do not charge a frozen battery. Only charge within the range of0°C to 45°C (33°F to 113°F). Discontinue use of product immediately if the battery becomes excessively warm.

Nice. Totally agree and most of my camping buddies have all progressed to portable lithium batts. Can't beat the flexibility?

I haven't dug very deep on the anti-gravity batts but see them pop up here and there. Which size format did you get? Must be a nice weight savings. Another thing I haven't wrapped my head around is the temperature range?
To be honest I didn’t read about the operating temps before I purchased the battery. I did know ahead of time that lithium batteries don’t do well in heat but I decided to take a gamble on it anyway. My thoughts were mostly influenced by a recent Dirtsunrise video where they talked about them. I’m thinking those operating temperatures listed are probably conservative and possibly there to cover themselves. They are made for autos after all and many people are using them successfully I believe. Dirtsunrise was running his for a long time and even showed it starting up in sub freezing weather with no issues. I’ve only had mine a few days and like it so far and it seems to operate normally.

View attachment 3489412
My Falkens have 71K on them. Tread depth was 9/32 when I swapped for my winter tires a couple weeks ago. I should get most of another summer with them.

Tested out the new MetalTech sliders and introduced my Bro in law to off roading for Black Friday at Hurricane Creek, NC. Beats the hell out of shopping with the masses!

FE35D08A-99C1-45FF-A32C-B471E7BB8041.jpeg

4548FC49-D90F-4C3A-8F9A-59F778BDB3DF.jpeg

View attachment 3489412
Had the same experience with the Wildpeaks on a 4Runner...they had close to 50k miles on them and were not showing any noticeable wear, it was really strange

View attachment 3489412
I’ve got 5 that I rotate every 5,000mi. 3.5 years and 20,000mi later they still look new! Amazing winter traction also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom