What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fixed the shifter cable bushing... Pulled up to the gas station on Friday, put the car in Reverse and... nothing. My first thought was that there is something wrong with transmission but it was simply a cable coming off the shifter pin. I did order a repair kit from Amazon which I really think is extremely overpriced ($32) and didn't even fit well. Zip tie added for a peace of mind. Install is simple: pry off both trim pieces on the side of console, lift the center part high enough to be able to slide retaining pin holding the shifter guide plate, replace the bushing and put everything back in reverse order.
IMG_20240421_125941935_HDR-EDIT.jpg

that looks great what were the steps involved? I have some of the dye/paint but i havent tackled mine yet

Remove the steering wheel, clean with acetone and alcohol to degrease. Mask off the wood to prevent damage. Sand with progressively finer grit sandpaper, then degrease again and apply the paint. The SEM paint dries pretty fast you only have to wait 5-10 minutes between coats. If I did it again I would apply a few coats and resand, some of my leather was pretty frayed and the paint helps lock the fibers in place.

Can't be too many other groundhogs in the world who've gotten to ride in a Lexus...
20240423_204834.jpg

Little dude looks at peace.
Very docile and chill animal. No noise or struggles. Got relocated to a local conservation area where he can dig to his heart's content.

Can't be too many other groundhogs in the world who've gotten to ride in a Lexus...
View attachment 3615174
What's the best way to cook groundhogs?

following ways:
  1. Put it in a pot with potatoes and carrots and onions and simmer into a delicious stew.
  2. Bake it in the oven in a brown paper bag, which will absorb the grease and seal in. ...
  3. Dredge it in flour and fry it in Crisco, just like chicken.
  4. Shish kabob it on the grill with bell peppers and pineapple chunks.

What's the best way to cook groundhogs?

following ways:
  1. Put it in a pot with potatoes and carrots and onions and simmer into a delicious stew.
  2. Bake it in the oven in a brown paper bag, which will absorb the grease and seal in. ...
  3. Dredge it in flour and fry it in Crisco, just like chicken.
  4. Shish kabob it on the grill with bell peppers and pineapple chunks.
Having grown up deep in the Ozarks, I know people who have actually eaten them, using the Option 1 crock pot :). We eat our share of deer, but my kids would have been awfully upset if their yard pet had ended up on the dinner table!

Having grown up deep in the Ozarks, I know people who have actually eaten them, using the Option 1 crock pot :). We eat our share of deer, but my kids would have been awfully upset if their yard pet had ended up on the dinner table!
Lol 😆

Got a few things done:
✅ Oil and filter change.
✅ Replaced all mounting hardware on the skid plates. Cleaned up the skid plates that had filled with coolant leaks (see below).
✅ Greased all the things with a zerk fitting: u-joints, drive shafts, upper control arm, lower control arm “ball” (?).
✅ Found persistent coolant leak and had a shop fix (finally). I had the radiator replaced ~500 miles ago but a leak developed at the rear of the engine; a gasket had “died” at the bypass valve. They had to take the intake manifold off to get it, but alas, it’s fixed!
✅ Cleaned all the leftover grease and ‘spillage’ around the engine area. I replaced the CV a month ago; when the outgoing CV died, it left all its grease allll over the place.

IMG_9785.jpeg

I think the KO3s look a bit more aggressive then the 2s. Looks good!!

I think the KO3s look a bit more aggressive then the 2s. Looks good!!
I think they look like all the R/T tires right now, and the duratracs, and wild peaks, and there's others I'm sure.

I think they look like all the R/T tires right now, and the duratracs, and wild peaks, and there's others I'm sure.
received_1049966989764445.jpeg
20231102_152758.jpg

Yea... your right

Not saying it's a bad thing btw, definitely seems to be an effective way to design the tire with the center section one pattern and then the outer edge a different style like those all are. I've had multiple pairs of duratracs, Kenda r/t's, and some Toyo r/t's designed like that, and I've never been left wanting for traction in pretty much any condition.

Not saying it's a bad thing btw, definitely seems to be an effective way to design the tire with the center section one pattern and then the outer edge a different style like those all are. I've had multiple pairs of duratracs, Kenda r/t's, and some Toyo r/t's designed like that, and I've never been left wanting for traction in pretty much any condition.
My reading of the 03 was better ice and snow characteristics..

My reading of the 03 was better ice and snow characteristics..
That's one of the few areas I see people complain about the K02'S. But then I also see people say they're amazing in snow 🤷🏼‍♂️ so idk. I've never ran them myself. Duratracs have always been fantastic in the winter in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom