Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't have any other model to compare to :(.

Guess we all just have different tastes. While I loved my 100 series I traded it in for a newer SUV. A FJ40 I can never see myself being without one. Have over a forty year history with my first. While it's not been running in years I'll hang on to it. Same with the FJ62. That was at the start of a new era for the Land Cruiser but the last leaf spring truck. Like my 3rd and 4th generation 4Runners. 4th generation would have been a great wheeler right out of the box if Toyota had given it descent ground clearance. With all the problems I've seen with the FZJ80s it scares me a little with the age and mileage on them now. My FJ62 was only four years when I bought so known history and the 40 series I can work on myself. A few new 80 series owners here who have had major engine problems just after purchase. I will say they is no history I'm seeing on transmission problems thought. The A440F in the FJ62 and FJ80 has had it share compared to the 3FE which overall seem like a solid engine.

:cheers:

Is there any specific view angle you would like to see before I get creative?
90, 180, 270 and 360 degree shots would be adequate

Hood spacers with hood closed.

hood_spacer1.jpg

hood_spacer2.jpg

hood_spacer3.jpg

I heard massive overheating :popcorn:

Why would you cut two holes? I don't get these trucks. Some require holes in hood not to overheat? Seems extreme.

Ahhh ok. I've seen some guys cut holes and add those louvers. Some look pretty good and seem to work.

Changed my auto-door-lock to Mode2: thereby, I control the door looks as I please. Mode1 had the doors locking and unlocking all the time and I can only figure that's hard on your door lock motors when cycled so often unnecessarily.

Driver's door open, key from LOCK to ACC 5 times in 10s (LOCK->ACC, LOCK->ACC, LOCK->ACC, LOCK->ACC, LOCK->ACC - and leave in ACC), close driver's door and keep it shut, key to LOCK - is Mode1 (auto-door-locking enabled). Same above, but close driver's door, open driver's door, close driver's door, and key to LOCK - is Mode2 (no auto-locking). I got a few flashing turn signals to show it was set (1 flash for Mode1, 2 flashes for Mode2).

I'll try this out for awhile and see if I like it better.

Testing to see if I want to cut 2 holes to the bonnet.

Better route the then the way I would go about it. I would source another hood to cut holes in and save the original hood. This way of thinking has got me a small warehouse of parts doing nothing.:bang: My 68 was missing a few things when I bought it years ago. Took me years to find them since I was too poor to pay Toyota's price for new parts. I now have spares for those parts just in case.:rolleyes: Them when I getting around to restoring my pickup I have four options of seats to use. It's a sickness.:crybaby:

Hit parking garage entrance with my factory roof rack. This ruins my 37" tires plan :bang:

Ive heard: "Go big or go home"...does that mean that if you go 37" you dont have to go home?

Better off anyway, you wont fit into the garage! :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom