Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put a new-used set of 35's on to replace my 33's. Turns out it also fixed my horrific wobble at 38-42mph. Apparently my old ones were WAY out of balance.

I do need to find one more 315/75r16 for a spare, if anybody has one kicking around.
Great upgrade - now you need to update yer siggy line!:bounce::bounce2:

Good call, done.

Turns out 100 series pads do not fit the back of an 80. :p Soooo if anybody wants AC Delco ceramics (rear) for a 100, you can have em cheap. Not worth sending back.

I was replacing all pads/rotors this weekend, but I need different pads and a rear caliper so unfortunately completion shall be delayed until everything else gets here.

I did pick up a new motor for one of my door locks - might tackle that this weekend.

Interior work begins... Yanked out all the old carpeting so I could give her a bath before the new carpet, headliner and seat covers. New steering wheel from Metric is so nice...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

are you lining it with any insulation prior to carpet install? If so what?

are you lining it with any insulation prior to carpet install? If so what?

I would like to. Have not found something I like as of yet. I am not fond of the way Dynamat oozes...

I plan to discuss it tomorrow with the interior shop when I drop it off. Hopefully they will have a good suggestion.

I'm looking to do the same thing. I found an article about "Acoustics 101", of course they're trying to sell something but it's got some good tid-bits about heat, noise, insulation, etc.

http://www.quietride.com/auto-acoustics-101.htm

Let us know what you choose to do hombre,

Zona

I would like to. Have not found something I like as of yet. I am not fond of the way Dynamat oozes...

I plan to discuss it tomorrow with the interior shop when I drop it off. Hopefully they will have a good suggestion.[

Sold the 62 to a pal, I'm looking forward to helping him build it. The way he wants to build it is exactly what I was planning if I had kept it; pretty cool I get "the thrill of the build" for free, plus free IPA to help wrench!
We dragged it over to his house (only across a 15 acre field) with the 80 and then shoved it into his garage with our 40 (same bumper height as the 62) with a tire between the rigs like a tugboat...pretty fun.

- Installed new C/C actuator from mtkreitz and it works like a champ! Really cool having c/c in the 80 now (it has never worked since I've had it).
- Cleaned air filter and checked all of the fluids.
- Replaced rear diff fill gasket, checked fluid, and torqued to spec (it was seeping as the gasket was way flat).
- Re zip-tied a loose rear ABS line I found while messing with the rear diff.
- New P/S pump cap (very shiny and new).

I'm looking to do the same thing. I found an article about "Acoustics 101", of course they're trying to sell something but it's got some good tid-bits about heat, noise, insulation, etc.

http://www.quietride.com/auto-acoustics-101.htm

Let us know what you choose to do hombre,

Zona

My head now hurts from reading all the reviews of Dynamat, FatMat, STP, Second Skin, etc... I am officially tired of thinking about it...

Murf seemed to like the Dynamat in his 40 so I am following his lead there. Ordered two bulk packs to cover floors and roof. Also following LandcruiserPhil's advice and NOT going with a glued down carpet. Ordered a molded carpet with mass-backing from stockinteriors.com. I had them send me an extra yard so I could have the door bottoms recovered to match the floors. Between the two I think the cruiser will be quiet enough for my liking...

Truck is up at Bell Upholstery on Deer Valley & I-17 getting the headliner, seats and Dynamat installed this week. The carpet will likely show up at the end of the week or early next, and should be wrapped up by mid-week. Pictures to follow...

My head now hurts from reading all the reviews of Dynamat, FatMat, STP, Second Skin, etc... I am officially tired of thinking about it...

Murf seemed to like the Dynamat in his 40 so I am following his lead there. Ordered two bulk packs to cover floors and roof. Also following LandcruiserPhil's advice and NOT going with a glued down carpet. Ordered a molded carpet with mass-backing from stockinteriors.com. I had them send me an extra yard so I could have the door bottoms recovered to match the floors. Between the two I think the cruiser will be quiet enough for my liking...

Truck is up at Bell Upholstery on Deer Valley & I-17 getting the headliner, seats and Dynamat installed this week. The carpet will likely show up at the end of the week or early next, and should be wrapped up by mid-week. Pictures to follow...

Wow, this is what I was looking for, thank you for posting!

Replaced rear sway bar and bushings. Picked one up from packetstormin. Bushing from Camelback Toy online.

Yes. Spaced on the small ones picture, that number is 90385-11021.

IMG_20140815_140125158.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't take long to get something done to the 100. Props to Mesa Muffler, good guys, great to deal with. Had a Magnaflow 18" put on last Saturday and was tossing up whether to ditch the resonator. Didn't do it at the time just to try it out as it was and see. It was ok when getting on the gas but I knew I needed more! Took it back today to get rid of it. Sounds awesome and like it should now. We're both extremely happy. Seriously, wife love it too.

IMG_20140905_142737504.jpg

IMG_20140905_142902044.jpg

Great addition Phil, glad to see you got it all done.
Whats the capacity of the extra tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom