warn 8247 controller wiring help... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Likw the title says, I have an older Warn 8247 winch and my wired controller lost the plug. Well I found the plug and what happened is that all the wires simply pulled out of my 4 prong plug. Its all apart but I have no idea where each wire goes.

There are 4 connections and 3 wires- Green, white & black. Can anybody help me out?

Open up the selinoid box and look at the wires on that side of the plug, match up the wires on the male plug with the colors on the inside of the female plug socket.

Yeah I could be wrong and the wireing inside may not be a continuation of the outside lead wires..It's worth a look though..

"warn 8247 controller wiring help"...

That's what Matchblaster said..

I had my old 8274 apart not long ago, but did not look at the wire match up (lead to selinoid pack)..might be a stoopid idea on my part..

You need to spend a couple of minutes with an ohm meter to figure it out. the three wires are 12V hot, which goes to the center pole of a spdt switch. the other wires are in and out. The center pole is the wire that makes contact with the other two wires alternately when you flip the switch from in and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom