WA state 80's run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To the other 80 owners in WA,
I know there are other 80's in WA with mods, but I rarely see them on the streets, and never have seen another one offroad. Is anybody interested in a run? I usually go with Jeeps, so it would be cool to actually go with some 80's.
Carl

Probably because most people in the rear build smaller rigs for that area. 80's don't fit in alot of the tight trails around here.

I'm always up for a run!!!! Where are you at in WA? I go to sand lake alot, but like trailing just as much (articulation w/lockers=COOL)!!

Im up in bellingham so walker valley is pretty close to me. my club is planning a run there on june 5th, well actually a club meeting in the am followed by a quick run to the lower acess trails. I would love to see some 80s there as it is a mostly 40s group.
Dave

I am in Arlington, so walker is pretty close for me. I have gone there a couple times in my '93, but yes Its pretty tight there for 80's in alot of spots. I usually go places off hwy 2, or Eastern WA.

Let me know when the run is and I will try to make it. I am located near Portland Oregon and wheel about 2 times a month!! Never see any other 80's out. Hey xl715 let me know when you want to get that thing dirty! :D and some good scrathes on it ;). I do lots of exploring around Hood Jefferson and into eastern Oregon.

Tim

Very short notice, but I will be taking the cruiser over to Naches for memorial day weekend with some jeep buddies. We will be camping about 10 mi west of the town of Naches. It is Friday afternoon right now, but I didn't know I was going until some other plans fell through. I'll try to get some pics. As far as a future run, I am available most weekends, with a couple weeks notice.
Thanks,
Carl

[quote author=montocr link=board=4;threadid=16760;start=msg165743#msg165743 date=1085774937]
Very short notice, but I will be taking the cruiser over to Naches for memorial day weekend with some jeep buddies. We will be camping about 10 mi west of the town of Naches. It is Friday afternoon right now, but I didn't know I was going until some other plans fell through. I'll try to get some pics. As far as a future run, I am available most weekends, with a couple weeks notice.
Thanks,
Carl
[/quote]

yeah, I don't think that's enough notice for me to make it. :doh:

I'd be up for going. Who's planning this event?

Tom

If any of you need to build your 80 in WA, I have a pair of 863j's for the rear, and a set of four 315/75/16 baja claw radials for sale.

how much do you want for the tires and the J's? do you have J's for the front??

Tim

Any of you want to hit Tillamook in Or this weekend??

tim

I would love to, but can't this weekend. If you go try to get some pics. Last weekend at Naches I broke my turn signal lens and dented the front valence. I thought my bullbar would push the downed tree aside, but it went between the bars. I have to wait to get the wheeling pics back from my buddy, the camera I brought was broken.
Carl

montocr said:
I would love to, but can't this weekend. If you go try to get some pics. Last weekend at Naches I broke my turn signal lens and dented the front valence. I thought my bullbar would push the downed tree aside, but it went between the bars. I have to wait to get the wheeling pics back from my buddy, the camera I brought was broken.
Carl

yes i'm reviving an old thread. I just saw this trail received an award as an Outstanding Trail by BF Goodrich. I'll be in the Naches neck of the woods over labor day and though about checking it out. Anyone have some personal experience (photos) or a website I can check out?
thanks,
dmc

Check this out:
http://seattlecruiserheads.com/naches.html#
I think you'll rather enjoy having a look around this site.
Is this potential run open to 80's only?
Keep in mind: the lower western portion of the trail is narrow, TIGHT, and S-T-E-E-P!!!!
I was last up on the Natches in fall '05. We enjoyed the first snow of the season at the Natches pass (which has a very cool cabin approximately 1000' south of the trail and is maintained by local snow mobilers). I popped my FJ62's cherry about 100' from the pass: right rear quarter panel. Otherwise, the Cruiser behaved wonderfully!
Do a google search for "Funny Rocks," too. It is Washington's Moab, and is adjacent to the Natches Trail. The Shoestring Trail connects I-90 and SR 410 between Thorp and Cliffdell. This would be Washington's Rubicon, and is not to be taken lightly.
In short: there are TONS of trails in this area. Enjoy (and Tread Lightly)!

thanks for the info. i'll check it out tonight. i'm headed to the Gorge Amp for 3 days from Utah and might try and go hit the trail on the way home. I'm not sure on my time frame yet. It isn't really a set trail ride just looking for something to do on the way home to split up the trip.
dmc

DO NOT! take an 80 on those trails, unless of course you don't care about body damage, I have to 3 point turns in my 103" WB 4R in there. I own an 80 and I love 80's, but that isn't the place for one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom