Volant Snorkel + CAI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted this on another forum but no one has been able to give me any answers and I am hoping y'all can help.

I have recently received a Volant snorkel for free. Well, most of the snorkel anyways. I ordered all new hardware for it so all I have invested in it at this time is $30. In order to install the snorkel, as I am sure most of you know, you need their CAI to go with it. So before I order the CAI and start cutting up my truck, is it worth it? I mean I have searched a ton and haven't come up with much info (which is a bad sign in itself). But being on as tight of a budget that I am, is it worth ordering the CAI? I had planned on replacing the stock intake anyways and Volant's system seems to be pretty solid. Keeping in mind the fact that I got the snorkel for free, should I wait and get a different setup (ARB would be my next choice)? The lack of information on the Volant snorkel is what is worrying me.

I'm in no rush to install the snorkel just trying to see what everyone says about the setup before I finalize my decision.

I'm in no rush to install the snorkel just trying to see what everyone says about the setup before I finalize my decision.

A snorkel is just a tube so as long as it's thick enough plastic and looks ok, which I think it does,
38740_in.jpg

I would stick with the cheap route and just modify the existing air intake to work with the snorkel,
tifi-mmmpringles.jpg

Well my main concern is that the snorkel design is a lot more restrictive than say the ARB. I just dunno if there is any real difference between the two besides appearance.

The only benefit of their CAI "box" is that it will bolt up to the snorkel easier. You will get just as much "performance" gains with a high flow drop-in filter.

As said above, its just moving air from outside to the engine. All you need to fabricate is tubing from the snorkel to the stock intake...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom