vintage honda - new purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

loeky

SILVER Star
Threads
wanted to share my joy of a new purchase with you guys. happened on this bike through an ad and wasn't sure at first if i should. ah well, i pulled the trigger and now it's mine. what a beauty - 1968 Honda CL350. first year they were made.

i am super psyched, to say the least. saw it in person and it's perfect. taking delivery next week.
CL350-left_sm.jpg

Damn, that Honda is clean...

It brings back fond memories. My neighbor bought one new in the late 60s, then soon was drafted to go to war. I even remember the distinctive sound of those Honda scramblers.

Congrats on the new purchase!

That is a sweeeet bike!!:beer:

thanks for the replies guys. can't tell you how excited i am to ride it. it's going to be the city bomber. free parking and cheeeeap gas. these things are just a blast to ride.

as for running, the damn thing starts up so easy it was scary - with the electrical starter no less! it's pretty rare that one even works. the engine is original unrestored with 8K on it. purrrrs like a kitten. no chain or piston noise and the carbs fire evenly.

as for cosmetics - it's literally as nice as it appears in the pictures. the only thing it's missing is rear footpegs which are amazingly the most scarce in good condition.

can't freeeaking wait. have to go to Frisco this weekend to spot out wedding sites or else i'd be riding saturday. ah well. the fiancee is worth it.

metalonmetal said:
when you saw it in person did you take it for a ride?

funny you ask. i actually didn't even bother bringing my helmet to test drive it as this isn't the kind of thing you really take around the block without cash in hand. i didn't go see it fully committed to purchasing, so no, i didn't drive it.

the guy i'm buying from literally owns about 30 completely restored bikes and has another 10+ waiting to go. 305 dreams, superhawks, etc. it really wasn't a concern after meeting with him. he has about 5 bikes worth of NOS parts in boxes waiting to go. i was awed.

the real point is that i didn't want to run the far out chance of something bad happening if i took it around the block. it's really my kind of luck that if i chanced it, bad news would happen.

i ran it for about 15 minutes straight with revving and such. it doesn't have a spot of oil leakage and no noise. best sound 350 i've heard in a long time.

I'm jealous!!

Hope you'll be able to enjoy it for many (more) years to come!

Mot

I'm looking for parts for my 64 305 dream. Does he have a seat?

45Kevin said:
I'm looking for parts for my 64 305 dream. Does he have a seat?

he might. i'll talk to him when i get the bike next week. not sure how willing he is to part with parts though, so no guarantee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom