u joints 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im hearing a slight humming sound while driving. it usually happens around 3rd gear, im pretty sure its my u joints. if anybody has an more knowledge about when the u joints are about to go please help!

im hearing a slight humming sound while driving. it usually happens around 3rd gear, im pretty sure its my u joints. if anybody has an more knowledge about when the u joints are about to go please help!
Have you tried pumping a little grease into them? Also might want to add a LITTLE grease to the slip joint in the middle of both drive shafts. John

Have you tried pumping a little grease into them? Also might want to add a LITTLE grease to the slip joint in the middle of both drive shafts. John

i will get right on that, i know my slip joint on the front driveshaft is already broken(i can move the shaft up vertically by pushing up on it and it has play) but ill still add grease to both
thanks!

i will get right on that, i know my slip joint on the front driveshaft is already broken(i can move the shaft up vertically by pushing up on it and it has play) but ill still add grease to both
thanks!
Front shaft should not be turning when in two wheel drive, but it still needs the grease every so often. How much play do you have in the front slip joint? Some may be OK for slow trail speeds, but it will get pretty wonky if you go fast in 4x4 with a really worn out slip joint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom