1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TURN SIGNAL QUESTION.

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Iron_Pig, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Iron_Pig

Iron_Pig

I just completed a rebuild of my FJ40 which included flat-fendering the fronts,eliminating the turn signals in the process. I was thinking of mounting the Napa part # 1150-A bus lights on top of the flat-fenders. Anybody use these? If not these, I am looking to mount small round amber lights like the old flat-fender Jeeps had somewhere under the head-lights. I don't want the light to look like some thrown on after-thought. Got any ideas?

2. bj42turbo

bj42turbo

I bought and tryed a few different front indicator lights for a unique look but everything I used looked "added on". I reverted back to the oe lights.................Dazz

3. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    search on 70-series marker lights...mount to the side bib, not cheap but VERY clean!

My 69 bib had the two holes for marker lights in it, stock, under the headlights. I opted to put in clear-lens lights and use a yellow bulb. Very European :D

4. bj42turbo

bj42turbo

[quote author=woody link=board=1;threadid=4435;start=msg33148#msg33148 date=1061295925]

My 69 bib had the two holes for marker lights in it, stock, under the headlights. I opted to put in clear-lens lights and use a yellow bulb. Very European :D
    [/quote]

Now thats cool why didn't i think of that one............Dazz 8)

5. sambudo

sambudo

would like to see a picture of your fenders. could you email me?