Trans Case Leak - 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a "new to me" 2014 4WD 4Runner with $85k mileage that the Toyota dealer has identified a TC leak.
The strange thing is this does not appear to be a dripping leak, but has a small amount on the case.
Have others chosen to replace gaskets and what have you spent to repair this leak? The Toyota dealer prices it at $2345 for a seal replacement.
I have also found a TSB T-TT-334-15 identifying a "input shaft seal on the transfer case assembly"

I know this is a big deal if the TC goes out, but is it much more expensive than the Toyota quote for a seal and is this leak significant enough to be
a risk at this point. This is not going off-road and is primarily a street going transportation for my daughter.

TC 1.jpg

I have a "new to me" 2014 4WD 4Runner with $85k mileage that the Toyota dealer has identified a TC leak.
The strange thing is this does not appear to be a dripping leak, but has a small amount on the case.
Have others chosen to replace gaskets and what have you spent to repair this leak? The Toyota dealer prices it at $2345 for a seal replacement.
I have also found a TSB T-TT-334-15 identifying a "input shaft seal on the transfer case assembly"

I know this is a big deal if the TC goes out, but is it much more expensive than the Toyota quote for a seal and is this leak significant enough to be
a risk at this point. This is not going off-road and is primarily a street going transportation for my daughter.

View attachment 3529591
Guess I am the only one with this issue?

We just purchased our 2023 TRD ORP and obviously we don't have any leaks but like always I would recommend a second opinion.

At over $2K for a replacement and no dripping I'd just check the level at each oil change, then top off as needed. Postpone the expense until it becomes an actual leak. I'd personally consider that a "seep".

My 4Runner is in Scottsdale with my daughter (referenced above).
Do you have a shop you trust in the area?
Either Right Toyota, go see Eric Murphy (Service Manager) or Cody Swaine (service writer). But if you are looking for a small brick and mortar go see Scott aka @Cruiserhiggs He own and runs Higgys.

HIggys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom