Toyota Factory Diesel Fuel Filter Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old Timer
Threads
Website
www.orion-ventures.com
Hoping one of you oil-burner fanatics can help me out. I've got a factory Toyota fuel filter assembly that I am planning on using in a diesel conversion project. Problem is, I don't know what model vehicle it came from, nor can I figure out how to operate the priming pump. Looks like you should unscrew the pump handle in order to be able to move fuel, but it doesn't want to budge. Before I but a big pair of channel locks on it and break something, I'd like to see if anyone recognizes this. The bracket assembly is part number 23310-23040-71 and the replaceable filter is 23303-64010. Also a picture for those visually oriented folks.

Thanks,

Will
jan 2010 373 (Small).jpg

The filter element assy applies to nearly all post 90 Toyota diesels so that won't help narrow it down.
I am betting on 2L/2L-T/3L or 1KZ, possibly 1PZ for the cap/ pump assy.

The primer doesn't pop up or lock down. you just push it as it sits, does not have a long travel.
If it won't push in at all then it may be seized.

It's a super common part.

The diaphragm in the pump is sealed and also prone to failure (leaks air). If I had the choice, I'd use a Racor or similar instead. You can get Racors with a primer pump if needed (it's an option, along with a water sensor).

~J.

Judging by the part number ,if Im reading it right,23303-64010,it will also be the same as a 1HZ
The filter head is probably off a Hilux of LJ7* judging by the in/oulet ports.
You can replacements filter heads and primer pump from ebay for about $80

thanks guys - looks like this one is seized. I guess I'll put a Racor on their instead.

Not so fast. These are more pricey than a Racor, but better IMO. And they have heated models that will
really help on those cold days.

Davco

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom