timmbuck2 has a piggie again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

timmbuck2

SILVER Star
Threads
:)

Couldn't resist the price on a 76 up in Cheyenne.

Runs and drives, interior is surprisingly good, even the headliner is in really good shape. Not sure my plans yet. Initial plans were to harvest the motor and 4 speed and disc brake axle for my 40, but since it is solid I am hesitant to part it out. We will see. :)

Just glad to have a pig in the stable again!

20160406_140619.jpg

and I have the coolest (biggest) roof rack ever!

Sweet swine!

Trying hard not to. The rear corners are the worst, and of course the rockers. Interior is much more solid than I had even hoped. Just no original seats. Think I clogged the fuel filter with the ride on the trailer from Wyoming, just got a call that the new one I ordered is in, so hopefully will be driving it around later.

20160412_144629.jpg
20160412_144741.jpg
Got her running today. Not bad for sitting for at least 2 years, and the last tags on the plates are over 10 years old!

Still deciding what to do...would hate to part it out...might just sell it and then look for a piggie with a *little* less rust....

20160412_144730.jpg

20160412_144658.jpg

20160412_154030.jpg

has shoulder belts :) and a lot of good small pieces. rear window button just clicks, have not messed with it yet..

Also, I love the patina, tires, and roof rack on this thing! If it was just a bit less crusty on the outside, it'd be awesome to sort it mechanically, restore the interior, and leave the outside exactly as is.

the passenger light is sitting in the passenger seat :)

Not parting it out... But may sell it. I just picked up a 100 series with a bad motor and drooling over the idea of a diesel...

I am sadly going to put her on CL...but better than parting her out! Just have a shot at a 45 that I have always always wanted. And a deal to grab a few 55 parts rigs to help with this project kind of fell through...

Just trying to buy a new project, I could always part it out for more cash. Prefer to keep it whole.

and get 4x what you paid for it a month ago

So it is a sin to make a profit? I'm sure you've never sold anything at a profit. Actually I have spent quite a bit of money getting It to my house and working on it to get it running better. And with Craigslist most the time you get about half of what you ask for so if I get back what I put into it I'd be happy and lucky. But thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom