Thinking of buying an FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Vinyl seats are not original. They are way lame too. They will give you a bad case of sweaty ass too! With all the polish it looks like there is a big cover up going on.

Dyno

It looks to me that its had lots of "work" done to it. I say "work" and not real work because who in their right mind would paint over the hub locking mechanism, a hodgepodge of carpet (see the seam in photo 7 under the driver seat), and put in vinyl seats (though it looks like the foam underneath wasn't replaced). Also, you have no under carriage photos which makes me think they are trying to not show some rust or major oil leaks.

On the other hand since they have the all the factory manuals, put in a lift (though I dont recognize it), and their are no visible dents or dings, it could be a good purchase. The shackle angle on the front does look kind of flat so it might not be a correct lift.

This is what I'd ask the seller to do:
1. Scan a few of the receipts for the major work done on it.
2. Send some pics of the undercarriage.
3. Send a video of the engine running and the rig driving down the highway.

If these things work out, then you could do the following:
1. Ask a cruiser head or local club member to check it out though you could get one of the locals who is a buddy of the seller.
2. Find out if the seller is selling it "as is" and if not then have him cover up to say a 1K of repairs in the first month or something like that.
3. Get a plane ticket and make the leap.

Good luck!

DrivingMissRosey said:
It looks to me that its had lots of "work" done to it. I say "work" and not real work because who in their right mind would paint over the hub locking mechanism, a hodgepodge of carpet (see the seam in photo 7 under the driver seat), and put in vinyl seats (though it looks like the foam underneath wasn't replaced). Also, you have no under carriage photos which makes me think they are trying to not show some rust or major oil leaks.

On the other hand since they have the all the factory manuals, put in a lift (though I dont recognize it), and their are no visible dents or dings, it could be a good purchase. The shackle angle on the front does look kind of flat so it might not be a correct lift.

This is what I'd ask the seller to do:
1. Scan a few of the receipts for the major work done on it.
2. Send some pics of the undercarriage.
3. Send a video of the engine running and the rig driving down the highway.

If these things work out, then you could do the following:
1. Ask a cruiser head or local club member to check it out though you could get one of the locals who is a buddy of the seller.
2. Find out if the seller is selling it "as is" and if not then have him cover up to say a 1K of repairs in the first month or something like that.
3. Get a plane ticket and make the leap.

Good luck!

Some very good advice in there. Think you have a pretty good consensus that the rig just looks "to clean."

We have a rig for sale in upstate cruisers in sc. Come to our site and look. Cheaper, lifted and background info too boot. Would link it but I am on my tablet. Boomslappy is the seller. Rig is actually in nc but will not be there long. He is moving to Tennessee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom