The start of Rapido's Build ..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks - I like the protection the ARB offers against something like a stray deer but .... the Slee has alot better departure angles and I jsut like the look better....... my Slee is supposedly at the shipper ready for delivery but they couldn't find it on Friday.....argh....

Fleabay specials... not the cheapest but they exceeded my expectations once they arrived, and dang are they light.... got the rings off and debating either deleting them or doing them in grey-color - FN wheels are a close second but I think the offset is agressive without spacers, although I am going to test a 305/65/18 - ordered that up today along with my 305/70/17 TG2's....

and I did this tonight - I'd tried to do it on my 80 and didn't realize they were the same.... found it on ebay, the seller never repsonded to all the threads he posted or Pm's on mud but has it on felabay..... go figure.... great product despite the lack of communication..

View attachment 1074001 View attachment 1074002 View attachment 1074002 View attachment 1074004

E

Can you give a link for the tail gate handle?

I decided to pick up a set of the darker headlights from Ian should get them in a few days. Ian was great to work with and super informative. How are you liking the headlights now that you have them installed? I hope they are good because mine are on their way lol.

I know, I know..... but it does had a good blend of speed and capability - and accommodation inside. The only option that would tempt me more would be a 200 w/ charger but the price of entry is too high for the foreseeable future..... but I do want to find a clean 40 ......

PM'ing you on parts in a sec.

E

Got the slee on last night.....Very happy with the swap and the front skidplate is very well done as well - did a test fit as I ran out of time and am going to take it off this weekend to wire up the winch and lights etc....

for anyone going from the ARB to Slee it's fairly easy .... a grander or sawzall makes short work of the frame rail cleanup needed and I removed the lower tabs on the valance as well rather then bending them - and then touched it all up with primer and paint. I also plastidipped the valance panel to blend the color of the front and to match the grille...

iphone 6-10-15 020.JPG
iphone 6-10-15 011.JPG
iphone 6-10-15 002.JPG
iphone 6-10-15 029.JPG
iphone 6-10-15 042.JPG

Looking forward to more pictures of it. I'm on the fence between a Slee and ARB w/o bar like I had on my last one. I've always liked the Slee unit and it offers much greater approach angles as you said . . .

Looking forward to more pictures of it. I'm on the fence between a Slee and ARB w/o bar like I had on my last one. I've always liked the Slee unit and it offers much greater approach angles as you said . . .

Not for nothin', and sorry to hijack, but have you (HLN A55) checked out Dissent Offroad's front bumper for the 100 Series? There is a thread in the 100 Series section. Departure of the Slee (or close to it) with the option for flat-top, small stinger or full bull bar.

Dude, love everything about your build but those red toyota badges gotta go. They don't 'flow' with our color scheme, IMO.

Looking good!

I'm on the fence between a Slee and ARB w/o bar like I had on my last one. I've always liked the Slee unit and it offers much greater approach angles as you said . . .

I have the ARB and I have only hit my front bumper maybe 10 times on the trail. IMO, approach angles are not much of a concern with our vehicles. You'll hit the winch hook before the Slee bumper hits anyway. I have lawn darted the front end dropping off of ledges and hit the bumper climbing up ledges with no issues. The difference is minimal, if at all. One bumper or the other will not get you through more obstacles, so it almost comes down to price, looks and animal/obstacle protection at the headlights/hood. The rear bumper will get abused waaaay more on the trail. That's where the Slee/BIOR/4X4Labs will shine over the low hanging ARB.

The GOBI rack finally showed up - well worth the wait ! it's really nicely fabricated and the attention to detail really show.... the only thing I'd revise might be the mounting plates to be more like the rails on the frontrunner.... but the rack is super solid and the finish is perfect. Really like the narrow stance and it's MUCH quieter then I thought..... way better then the Labrak and ARB's I had on my 80's.... all in it was about 2 hours.

I had them build it with room for a 40-44 LED bar..... need to decide if I am going mid-line Amazon Special, Lifetime or Baja/Vision...... leaning towards a middle ground on the rack and then splurging on some quality vision X's for the Slee for distance... thoughts ??

also decided to try a new rim..... so my RW and tires are up in the classifieds if anyone needs new sneakers for summer or HIH's.....

and I know.....!! no posuer - the D-rings came off right after the picture.... I was testing a bridle mount just before i washed her and took the pics.\ Taking the Slee off to finish wiring the winch in the morning as well....

happy fathers day tomorrow to all
6.20.15 001.JPG
6.20.15 003.JPG
6.20.15 009.JPG
6.20.15 011.JPG

E

6.20.15 013.JPG

truck is looking GREAT Erich!! nice job. now I want a 100!

haha ! thanks man- it's missing some of the soul but the interior and Sc'er make up for all that.....

Hope things are well....

Good guess - something like that...... not saying until I see them mounted and fitting....

dropped her off today while I'm traveling for a week to get the halfshafts replaced , panhard and misc suspension stuff all dialed....

and the fun stuff.... they're going to install the DT headers, a set of high flow blueprinted injectors and do new plugs and coilpacks plus a new starter and motor mounts while in there....

looking forward to my Sunday trip to hill country when I get back ....

E

Do you plan to add sliders?

Yep - debating Slee's or Metaltech...... and have a rear bumper on order

You can almost wheel that thing. Don't forget a color matched snorkel. [emoji6]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom