The Official Check in thread of SoCal 80s. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1.First name - Art
2.Location - Eastvale, CA
3.Year, make (LC or LX), and any modifications you have done. 1997 FZJ80 40th bone stock. plastidipped fender flares.lol.
4.What you like to do with your ride? close to stock as possible but capable of occasional weekend wheeling though.

IMG_0947.jpg

-Alex
-LA, CA
-97 TLC, 40th Anni, Locked x3, dual battery, JVC Navi/BT/Camera, roof rack w/ Cree's, rear 2x tire/fuel/water carrier.
-Daily driver with illusions of Rubicon and Moab domination.. Really tho, just tired of circling Jumbo Rocks on a Friday night so I needed something to take me where there are no campsites..
-My very first TLC, upgrade from a 98 Scion Xb that wasn't quite cutting it on the trails.. can't turn away from the Toyo's tho.. Blame TemeculaTim for getting me on here and thanks to 2kcruiser for the sale and mod work..

ig1.jpg

ig2.jpg

1489581_10100329542227078_361928650_o.jpg

1.First name.
Eric

2.Location.
San Gabriel Valley, CA

3.Year, make (LC or LX), and any modifications you have done.
94 Land Cruiser, bone stock!

4.What you like to do with your ride? (i.e. expedition, hard core, family truckster)
I just recently started a few trail runs. Mostly a grocery and car parts hauler, but I want to go on trail runs more often (2x a month).

5.Any thing personal you would like to add? (family, hobbies, work industry)
Besides offroading, I do grassroots motorsports stuff. Heavily involved in the tuner/high end JDM luxury car scene. I also like to take photos.

6.Pictures, pictures, pictures…please post some pictures of your ride and anything else you feel is appropriate to help the other members get a feel for who you are.
1979650_10151934996066555_2104139365_n.jpg

1.First name.
Ryan

2.Location.
San Diego, CA

3.Year, make (LC or LX), and any modifications you have done.
97' Land Cruiser (unlocked) - OME 4" lift, ARB front bumper, Warn M1200 winch, Safari Snorkel, 4x4 Labs rear bumper with Jerry can/Tire swing outs, center diff lock, 315/75 BFG KM2's, Metal tech sliders, AJIK modified blue fan clutch

4.What you like to do with your ride? (i.e. expedition, hard core, family truckster)
Expedition/overlanding

5.Any thing personal you would like to add? (family, hobbies, work industry)
Just moved here from VA (though originally from CA). I recently transferred from active duty Marines to the reserves. My wife is active Navy. Every second I spent in VA with my Land Cruiser I missed the South West and can't wait to go wheeling out here! I may be obsessed with the Colorado Plateau.

6.Pictures, pictures, pictures…please post some pictures of your ride and anything else you feel is appropriate to help the other members get a feel for who you are.

Some recent pictures from my drive across country...
IMG_1237.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG
IMG_1257.JPG

1. First name: Paul

2. Location: San Diego – Pacific Beach

3. Year/Make: 1996, LC purchased from the original owner with 219,XXX miles and some serious hood and roof sunburn.

4. What I will do with my ride:
Pretty much is my family truckster and toy. It would sure be fun to completely restore it, add ARB Air lockers, a little lift, new wheels and some cool tires. IH8MUD is motivating me to learn how to actually work on Lando. I fixed the passenger seat which was stuck forward and have cleaned out the Sunroof drains. Now I am trying to discover what the prior owner did and didn't do to maintain it.

5. Anything personal:
Originally came from Tulsa, Oklahoma and have been in San Diego for ten years.

6. Pictures, Pictures Pictures.
Lando1.jpg
Lando2.jpg
Lando3.jpg

1.Alex
2.Los Angeles area
3.1997, LC, 40th Edition - Green, triple locked, after market head unit with bluetooth, ARB from bumper, custom made rear bumper with tire carrier, backup camera installed in the tow hitch, CDL switch, front and rear cup holders, 6.5" front speakers, OME 861/862 springs, Bilstein HD shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Michelin 285/75-16, rebuilt engine by a forum member, reupholstered front/rear seats with seat warmers (not hooked up yet).
4.Daily driver, occasional off roader
5.I love taking family trips

2015-01-04 11.50.35.jpg
2014-11-22 17.02.19.jpg
$_57-2 copy.JPG
$_57-3 copy.JPG
$_57-4 copy.JPG

Last edited:
1. Fabian
2. North OC
3. 94 FZJ80, purchased about 10 yrs ago with 225, XXX and now has 342, XXX miles. Open Country AT 285/75r16 but pretty much all stock. HG done on 8/14 and all PM performed by me at some point.
4. DD for yrs until last year it became only my weekend vehicle
5. A few pics taken near Big Bear Lake on 2/28/15.

20150228_100206.jpg

20150228_100222.jpg

1. Jayson
2. La Quinta, CA (Near Palm Springs)
3. 1997 LC, Factory Locked, Stock... but MODS to come!
4. Expedition / hard core trailing (trying to find a good balance)
5. Recently moved from Arizona for work. Married 14 years, 3 kids! Family usually goes off roading with me. I sold my 2002 Yukon XL to buy a Land Cruiser to build for off road use. Very excited! Just purchased 2 weeks ago.
6. She's ugly right now :( been neglected.

Last edited:
1) Paul
2) Ventura
3) 97 80...315's, arb w 12k, 4x4 labs, slee, Metaltech, OME 3", baja rack etc. w more on the way I'm sure.
4) Married with 2 awesome kids and a pair of labs. Fire Engineer, when not at work it's family, surfing , Jiu Jitsu, hunting and wheeling. Just saw Moab for the first time a week ago. Hoping to hit the Dusy or rubicon this year.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

photo.JPG
1. Dave
2. Riverside
3. 94 FJZ80, 3 locked w/ARBs wired into factory switches, 4.88 gears, cromoly birf's/axles, double cardan front shaft, factory wheels w/1.5 spacers, 315 Cooper SSTs, Slee xcase skid plate, ARB front bumper with XRC 9.5 synthetic rope, Hannah sliders, 4X4Labs dual w/tire carrier and soon a can basket, Defender roof rack (removed temporarily so as to fit in garage and recent port installed rack rust repairs!), probably more....
4. Trail riding, expedition, camping, daily driver until new eco car comes my way.
5. This LC was 4 wheeler magazines "Project 80", was out of wheeling for about 10 years due to work, now trying to vet on the trails at least every other weekend. Oh, and I used to be a Toyota Master Tech (life hint: don't ever turn a hobby into a profession)
6. I hope I can attach these photos!

1.First name. John
2.Location. Lake Forest
3.Year, make (LC or LX), and any modifications you have done. 1994 LC. Tripple locked from the factory. Undetermined front bull bars. Everything else stock.
4.What you like to do with your ride? (i.e. expedition, hard core, family truckster). It's my daily driver but I do like to tackle trails which are at the upper end of mine and trucks limits. The more I do the more I feel like its time for a moderate lift and a little more armour.
5.Any thing personal you would like to add? (family, hobbies, work industry) Married with 2 kids. The boy (9) loves wheeling and the girl's hates it. Work in the aerospace industry and trVel extensively.

20151227_151227.jpg

20151227_144953.jpg

New guy chiming in here

1.First name. Christian
2.Location. San Clemente
3.Year, make (LC or LX), and any modifications you have done. 97 CE FZJ80. Bone stock as of right now. Currently baselining.
4.What you like to do with your ride? (i.e. expedition, hard core, family truckster). DD, mountain/snow chase and camping vehicle. Would like to use to wheel into remote camp spots.
5.Any thing personal you would like to add? (family, hobbies, work industry) Just me, the pup, and the GF. Work for a sock company here in San Clemente, Stance (going on 5 years now). A lot of snowboarding, split boarding, hiking, beach days etc.
6.Picture from the day I picked it up.

Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 7.55.05 AM.png

image.png
1.First name. Adam
2.Location. Corona
3.Year, make (LC or LX), and any modifications you have done. 1994 LC, just put in a remanufactured long block, paint shop now. Making it look nice and be reliable. 33" Goodyear MTRs, has factory lockers
4.What you like to do with your ride? (i.e. expedition, hard core, family truckster)only been mudding. New to this whole sand and rock stuff. But mostly looking at expedition style stuff, camping.
5.Any thing personal you would like to add? (family, hobbies, work industry)My wife and I are having our first child(girl), we love being outdoors.

Crap...few years past due, but :meh:
1.Eric
2.Upland
3.1994 LAND CRUISER OME 2.5 (850/860) Fox 2.0, ARB front bumper, Warn 8K, Harrop/Eaton Front locker, LOKKA rear locker (Downunda locked)
4.I expo/camp/fish with some occasional rock play with the boys!
5.Married...2 kids
6.Couple pics from a recent trip to Big Sur
2016-06-28 21.27.10.jpg

2016-06-26 22.03.50.jpg

soon to be in the US,
1991 HDJ81V VX-Limited 1HZ 4.2 Turbo Diesel, 5 Speed Manual Part time 4WD with front Manual Locking hubs, Front, Center & Rear Diff locks, Factory Electric winch, Outside Tire Carrier...
91hdj81r-06.jpg
91hdj81r-08.jpg

91hdj81r-13.jpg
91hdj81r-17.jpg

91hdj81r-19.jpg

Last edited:
1. Mike

2. Santa Ana

3. 1991 HDJ81 VX LTD Auto w/ OEM Camping Kit, Warn M8000, ARB bullbar, PFran LEDs (interior), CVT tent, 3" TJM lift, 315/75R16 Goodyear MTR Tires, snorkel, PIAA Fog Lights, Factory front and rear lockers + locking center diff. Only ~84,000 miles on the engine!

Also have a 1992 FJ80

4. Mostly used for camping. Its my DD half the time, my FJ80 is used for the other half.

5. Hoping to find some others that love these HDJs as much as I do. Im not a mechanic so it'd be great to meet some of y'all that know about these things in depth.

6. VA license plate is from original seller/importer -- IH8MUD member 6840. Now registered and titled in California.

View media item 51015
View media item 51017
View media item 51016
View media item 51018

-Brandon
-San Diego
-1994, triple locked, OME lift, Rhino-lined hood, bumper, and fender flares.

-My DD/WW. Also have an '88 1st Gen 4runner (22RE currently being rebuilt). Want to get more involved with the local cruiser scene. Looking forward to some meet 'n greets/swap meets/trail runs. Would like help getting a sub fuel set up. Love going out to Split Mountain Rd in Ocotillo for shooting/camping with my 7 year old twins.

00p0p_4l2dYcJM4JM_600x450.jpg

01313_knutPi1vZVV_600x450.jpg

Names Andrew. I love in el Cajon San Diego. Been on mud for a while and been a Toyota driver for years.

My cruisers a 94. Her name is ISH. she's got about 310,000 on her. Locked, j-springs, solar. Next is aux tank, finish my rear tire carrier, and heated water tank.

I'm out a lot in the SoCal area. Usually down for some exploring.

On instagram @cruiserish is her page and
@forest_crest_photo is mine.

IMG_8028.JPG

939A5306.jpg

IMG_8321.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom