The Coleman Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think it's legit. The red ones were very rare and Canada only. I personally would not buy.

The 220 in red were Canada only. There's some other differences too. They are actually pretty cool, better than the American 220's. Not worth $250 though.

I have a red one still in the box I bought from an estate sale years ago, going to have to dig it out now and sell it!

Cool, I didn't know Peerless made globes. Their mantles are tough.

Is it radioactive like their mantles?

all mantles are radioactive...

all mantles are radioactive...
Maybe all mantles used to be radioactive, because of the thorium added to create a whiter light, but Coleman stopped adding thorium years ago. I've verified that Peerless mantles still have thorium with my Geiger counter. As far as the Peerless globe, my counter says no.

Not Coleman but pretty effing sweet

I never knew what would be in any box until I opened it, what was in this box?

Lucky there was truth in advertising.

heck of a cooler... they don't make them like that anymore...if you think of selling...

My family used that exact cooler for years when I was a kid, on countless camping trips throughout the midwest and many national parks. You can drop a 25lb block of ice in there and it'll last for a week. Of course that takes up half the space and so there is not a lot of room for food, but it was the standard "back in the day." Great find and looks like cherry condition!

heck of a cooler... they don't make them like that anymore...if you think of selling...
It matches my FJ40 so I kind of doubt I'll part with it.

Rusty,

First off, I hope your Uncle is alright, but it sounds like maybe not. I love how that generation always saved the boxes for stuff and kept things nice, we don't do that anymore. You have some nice things.

Rusty,

First off, I hope your Uncle is alright, but it sounds like maybe not. I love how that generation always saved the boxes for stuff and kept things nice, we don't do that anymore. You have some nice things.
Thanks for that, he passed yesterday morning. It was peaceful which I am thankful for.

All our best amigo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom