The Badger gets a new Tough Dog suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Truck is in the shop waiting for me to finish wiring and plumbing up it's new drivetrain. I expect the suspension will perform the same way it did before when I roll it back out. If I didn't mention it before I think the medium springs are a little lower than OME, but I've had zero issues and have beat it hard. I really like the shocks, they are pretty cushy but respond well to big hits. It's more comfortable at high speeds over big hits like RR tracks than my Tundra on Bilstein 5100s. By far.
My suspension just arrived, and I can’t wait to get Landy off those saggy old springs. Thanks @TRAIL TAILOR

View attachment 2878141

View attachment 2878143
Any update guys?
Your review and great write up are driving me to look for a Tough Dog complete suspension kit for my J45 pickup (1983).
Thank you for sharing your valuable experience!

Last edited:
Any update guys?
Your review and great write up are driving me to look for a Tough Dog complete suspension kit for my J45 pickup (1983).
Thank you for sharing your valuable experience!
Still running the TD suspension on my FJ62. Still happy with it overall, but I should have gotten the heavy load spec springs. It still rides great.

Still running the TD suspension on my FJ62. Still happy with it overall, but I should have gotten the heavy load spec springs. It still rides great.
Great that you can give this review seven years later!

PS. What about shocks rust?

Last edited:
TD- was sold to a large AUS parts company. I dropped the US vendor status and now support and sell Dobinsons only. I have not heard many good things since the change for TD.

It was a great product and AUS made and supported , but now the rumors and commetns are its not much better than IronMan. Inconsistent quality and workmanship.

GL

Jason
TT

Great that you can give this review seven years later!

PS. What about shocks rust?
Re: shock rust - This is a moot point for me based on the above from Jason, but here you go:
(Note I don't daily drive this anymore, nor in salt, and it's under cover (but still subject to humidity/condensation. The rears also take quite a beating from gravel, as I have miles of it to get anywhere).
20240413_093551.jpg
20240413_093502.jpg
20240413_093353.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom