Temecula / Murrieta members check-in! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings all. I've noticed there are at least a half dozen of us 40 owners in the area and another dozen or so of 60 and 80 owners. It'd be nice to be able to get together a weekend or two a month for some trail rides. Check in on the thread with your email address' and I'll start an email distribution list. Also, when should we have our first ride?

Great Idea, I live out past wine country. I grew up in San Diego county and have been off-roading in the So Cal area for the last 27 years. I will PM you my email address.

I pm'd ya with my email address. My cruiser is in pieces right now waiting for a disk brake swap, but once I am back on the road I would love to get my rust bucket out in the back country.

I'm new to the Hemet area, grew up since age 4 around LA/OC but like it out here because I'm closer to the trails and have one of the best jobs in the world. If the temps dont hit 105 * like predicted I'm installing a new OME/Dakar lift on the FJ62 this weekend and bolting on the new 33" BFG rubber & rims. Some guys from work were thinking of heading back to Big Bear next weekend, so that might be an option... what were you guys planning?

Terry

New memeber in the area

Hi there, we are brand new to this and are trying to learn about it. We accidetaly took a Jeep offroading on the 1N09 a few months ago and loved being out there, so much so that we decided the next family car had to be a 4x4. So my little car started to die out and we traded it in for a brand new FJ Cruiser 2 weeks ago! We also just moved in to the Menifee area a couple of months ago. I work in Temecula and live in the Menifee area. We need to learn all about this stuff and hope to tag along for a few easy local trail runs with some of the experienced group members. We are also avid Geocachers so we hope to combine these two sports.

Carlos Judy and Sophie!

:cheers:

Would like to try geocaching myself, sounds fun from what I've read. The FJ Cruiser is a great rig, we have developed one of the best kits on the market for it and have the solid axle swap kit in the works too. You'll be very happy with your FJ. I had to put off the lift install this weekend because of the heat, but next week is the plan if it cools down a bit, then I'll be ready for the trail!

A big "HELLO" from inside the walls of Canyon Lake. It's good to know that there are fellow Cruiserheads in my midst. I daily drive a '97 LX450 with factory lockers and an OME heavy lift, and work as a geologist in Murrieta. My other passion is for International Harvester vehicles, as I own three.

My email: dwalsh@geosoilsinc.com

I'm always willing to help wrench on a Cruiser, or other fine automobiles!

Welcome all. If you haven't PM'd me your email address or posted it, please do so I can send an email out in the near future. I will be out of town this weekend.. but when the heat dies down a little bit it'd be nice to do a easy/moderate trail ride in the I.E. somewhere. Post if you have any suggestions.

Also, type "1st Post" in the title if it's your first time posting that way I can help ensure I have everyone's contact info.

Cheers, Eric

Great idea, I live in Murrieta with a 73 FJ40. Look for my PM. How about Wildomar OHV for a Saturday morning meet?

I just got a 91 fj80 and joined the TLCA. I have been looking for trails nearby temecula. I am in south Temecula by Pechanga.

I went and checked out the Wildomar OHV. Where do you guys go? I just went on a short loop to the right of that little training area east of the parking area.

I went and checked out the Wildomar OHV. Where do you guys go? I just went on a short loop to the right of that little training area east of the parking area.

I've gone out there a couple times in the morning. It's cool because it's close (especially going through La Cresta). My friend and I test our vehicle and driving skills, relax at the shaded camping area, and are back home by noon. There are a lot of short trails, some very narrow and unmarked (quad trails?). Just stay away from the suicide hill (gives you lots of warnings painted on rocks).

Anyone up for getting together? I'm in a rental here in Temecula until my house in TN sells. Live right across the street from the place where the 5 people were shot a few weeks ago off of Rancho California. I've been to Big Bear, Anza Borrego, and cleveland national forest so far. Been looking for more places to go that are dog friendly, found out the hard way you can't hike with your dog in Anza. Any Bears fans out there? Monday night football next week..

Anyone there? :confused: Or is this thread too old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom