Taking the firebox off my '94 dyna (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took pictures of each connection I could find between the truck and fire box. Thought I'd check in here before I start taking things apart to give myself a higher chance of not doing anything stupid.

1st picture is the PTO unit I'm planning on disconnecting it from both sides and removing the whole unit. My question is, is there any fluids exchanged here? Will i have to plug anything up?

2nd pic I believe is the throttle? I'm planning on just slipping the cable out of there and securing it to the frame so it doesn't flap around.

3rd pic is come kind of arm that seems to connect to some valves that drain from the pump. I plan to just undo each clip and take it apart.

4th pic is some kind of fluid exchange i believe. Not sure what kind but I plan to undo that pipe that goes to the pump and finding a cap that will fit in its place. My question is, will I have to find a specific type of cap or would a bolt that would fit work fine?

Any and all feedback is appreciated don't hold back

IMG_1542.png

2nd connection.jpg

3rd connection.jpg

4rth connection.jpg

Last edited:
also the u bolts that hold the box on to seem to have some sort of lock welded on, suggestions?

u bolt.jpg

u bolt 2.jpg

Use a cutting wheel to zip it off. Or a sawzall

Bu
Interesting project
I didn't noticed any welding on the fire box to my fire engine. Looks like each one has some custom work.
What ur planning to do after taking out the firebox ?
Good luck !
Thanks, I’m building a camper box on the back.

I have a similar Dyna, bu73. I would like put the pump on a trailer with tank and modify the dyna Into a flatbed. Interested to see this devolop.

View attachment 3003325
She looks amazing.
I am playing with this idea to transfer the firebox on a trailer the few months and to install a camper. Until then,I build a camper in inside the firebox around to all the equipment.
At this hour I took her for a test drive for a month or so and one think I know for sure. She is slow and struggling up on the mountains. I use third gear mostly the time and usually will not go higher the 40 km up on the steep hills. Otherwise she is unbelievable on the road and the dually is something that I don't think I want to get away of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom