T100 shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any opinions out there-I want some new shocks for my dad`s 1998 T100 4x4 80,00 miles but sees Baja every March(rough roads,sandwashes,etc.)my budget is $140 for 4,Thanks.Oh yeah the truck is stock.

Unfortunately, until you mentioned a budget, I'd have said Bilstein.

$35 per shock...I'd find a gas charged, maybe a Skyjacker Nitro. Close to that price...$35 each is pretty much "bottom barrel" for all the manuf's in their shock lines.

Well,then,I will have to spend more$$ afterall,it is my papa.What do you think of Rancho or pro-comp?Thanks for your imput.

I've owned RS5000's and 9000's and hated both. Never owned a set of ProComps tho. I'm a Doestch Tech and Bilstein fan, but everyone has their preference.

Don tknow if you guys have Koni int he US but in a truck over 2500kg loaded I like the koni, good valving, no fade, great quality shock, and donr stane damage as they arent monotube.

On trucks under 2500kg I like to use the bilstien, fr the above reasons, but the shock isnt quite as heavy construction, not that I have broken them on heavier trucks, but the valving of the Koni suits heavy loads.

If the shock is vulnerable, like on toyot in front of the axle,a nd you use monotubes, fit stone gaurds to them to stop them getting damaged.

Koni is everywhere in the USA - but the offroad market. Back in the 70's and 80's they made some excellent products for that market, ulitmately, they were probably too expensive at that time. I love their stuff... top of the line.

Bilstein. Otherwise the KYB Gas-A-Justs are great budget shocks.

The Bilsteins are worth it IMO.

I remember paying under $300 for the yellow body's with a steering stabilizer

Mine put up with me for 70,000 miles on my T-100 and it's been aired out way to many times:)

They need replaced badly and even thou my truck is beat to beyond I'll get another set eventually.

Bilstein

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom