T100 question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy folks,
I just bought a 95 t100 4x4 to replace my 4runner and was wondering if anybody had any tips for things to watch out for?
Thanks
Dan

If it's a stick, check the clutch pedal support bracket. They have been known to crack. The 3.0 v-6 had a head gasket recal but I don't think the 3.0 was available in 95. Can't think of any other glaring problems. Great truck but underpowered as Gumby said.

Thanks for the info-does the 3.4 have head gasket issues as well?
Dan

No head gasket problem on the 3.4 Better motor then the 3.0 btw.

i had my head gasket replaced on the recall. my 3.0 isn't too under powered. although I am a 2wd model. T100's are a great vehicle and something to note, they are not easy to jimmy the door. took a ama guy 30 mins to open mine after locking the keys in. I guess the Hino factory(where t100'a are built) thought it was important to keep it locked. I have had 0 problems.

KliersLC said:
Thanks for the info-does the 3.4 have head gasket issues as well?
Dan

Yes it does - 95 through early 96, I believe. It's the X-06 campaign, if I recall correctly. Not sure they have the same coverage as the 3VZ's - i.e. I don't think it has the same 8yr/100K mileage limit.

bkg

The 95.5 tacoma regular cab v6 I had got the head gaskets replaced by toyota. I really wish I still had that truck. It definately wasn't underpowered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom