suspension winch (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I looking for some ideas as to where/how to mount a winch into my rear 4 link. You guys have any links or pics that might offer some insperation??

I've got a Warn RT-25 to do the task, just gotta figure out how to rig it up.

i think the trick is to ditch the stock wire that comes with the winch, get some 3/8 Synthetic rope and run it from the frame/chassis, down through a pulley and back up to the frame.

i think the trick is to ditch the stock wire that comes with the winch, get some 3/8 Synthetic rope and run it from the frame/chassis, down through a pulley and back up to the frame.

3/8:?!? Good god man.. 1/4 is plenty for a rear axle suck-down winch.. ;)

I ended up holesawing a 2" hole through both frame rails, pushing a 2" x .25" DOM tube through as a crossmember and winch mount. Ran the cable through the fairlead, to the axle/pully and back to the crossmember. Pretty EZ really.

Makes super fast tire removal too. Couple tall stands under the frame, suck the axle up, shorter stands under the axle tubes and zip the lug nuts off. No need for a floor jack. Rerouting the exhaust sucked tho!

I'll post some pic's tonight

That is exactly what I ended up doing.

What's wrong with cable? I have no other bling, why start now??

about 3 weeks ago i was on the trail with a guy, he said he has broken his atv winch cable like 3 times

I guess you could run Thicker cable, but the 1/8" or whatever that comes on the atv winch will wear quickly because it is pulling on the same spot every pull..

Ive also seen people use rock climbing style webbing.

Soda, any chance for some pics once you get it done? I have a rear winch I've been meaning to install for my 80, but have yet to do it. Axle is prepped with a hook for the cable, just need to make a mount for the winch and power it.

I don't know how worth it/necessary a rear winch is in my case. The cool factor would be up there though

Soda, any chance for some pics once you get it done? I have a rear winch I've been meaning to install for my 80, but have yet to do it. Axle is prepped with a hook for the cable, just need to make a mount for the winch and power it.

I don't know how worth it/necessary a rear winch is in my case. The cool factor would be up there though

Sorry guys, I keep forgetting to snap a few pix of the install, good friend just had a kid and I've been hanging out at the hospital after work.....I've just requested pix from the wife, so she's gonna snap a few.

sorry the pics are so dark, haven't gotten home before dark all week......

suspensionwinch001.jpg

suspensionwinch006.jpg

suspensionwinch005.jpg

suspensionwinch003.jpg

suspensionwinch002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom