suspension sag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the normal rear sag on my fj 60. has anybody found a good place to get replacement springs at a reasonable price? i think ideally i would like a little lift, maybe one or two inches. has any body found any good deals out there?

You also need to say what type of spring you want. About a month ago I was trying to so an AAL to my truck and I had a btoken spring pack. I found that it was cheaper to go with a used lift than it would have been to by stock height new springs.
It just depends on what you want.

If you want to get a 2 inch lift, you should look at the OME stuff (Cruiser Outfitters). It will cost a satchel of money but you will love the improvement in ride.

The OME lift is a bit much for my taste. I also am looking for 1-2 inches over stock (as opposed to the OME 2-3). Right now the options I'm mulling over are:

Man A Fre long AALs ($43/pair) to add to my stock/saggy springs (Kurt at cruiser outfitters, which has a great reputation, sells OME AALs but I haven't heard any feedback on those. I have heard mostly good things about the MAF long AALs)
Man A Fre Safari Stock Height springs ($125 per corner) - possibly with the long AALs as well.
Custom ALCAN springs which I haven't priced but I'm sure will be comparable to the OMEs
For any of the above, figure you need to add a couple hundred for new hardware and bushings.

Other than that, I could try somewhere local to have them re-arched, but I have never heard any good stories about re-arching.

So i figure my first step will be the AALs since they are cheap. If, when doing that, I notice broken springs or other serious issues, I will likely just get the Safari stock height springs.

For 125 a corner plus aal, you could go ome and take a leaf out. Removing a leaf should lower you down a bit. I think that you may be suprised at the improvement with ome. Way better looking imo, and the ride and flex is supposed to be superior to stock. My .02

For 125 a corner plus aal, you could go ome and take a leaf out. Removing a leaf should lower you down a bit. I think that you may be suprised at the improvement with ome. Way better looking imo, and the ride and flex is supposed to be superior to stock. My .02

X2. What hapens when you go to put in the AAL and your spring pack has broken springs- it happens. better off on all new springs- just buy the OME and cry once.

Other than that, I could try somewhere local to have them re-arched, but I have never heard any good stories about re-arching

I have re-arched many truck and have never had a problem. I find that most people apposed to this have not actually done it. You can get them rearched and and a leaf added for around $350 for 4. New bolts, shackles and bushings and your in business.

X2. What hapens when you go to put in the AAL and your spring pack has broken springs- it happens. better off on all new springs- just buy the OME and cry once.

I've wondered about just getting the "light" version OMEs. I have seen some rides where they have an OME lift and 31s and it looks good. Other times it looks like way too much lift (for my taste). Maybe it is just a matter of letting the springs settle (since most pics I have seen are right after somebody has done an install). Or maybe the ones I like are just the light duty ones.

I have no problem dropping the coin for OME as I think they are a good product and there are good vendors. But I have a huge problem with spending $1K+ and having a truck sitting up too high for my liking (especially since I just dropped $800 on 31s).

By the way, Philos, I would love my truck to have the same stance as yours. But I think you have a lot of extras weighing it down (that I don't and likely won't for some time) and 33s. So I think if I got the OME med/med it wouldn't look right on mine even though I think it is perfect on yours.

. . . not to hijack the original poster

Last edited:
That is quit understandable. I don't have ome on my cruiser right now, but when I get the coin they will come:cheers:. The:princess: is my only obstacle.
What kind of tires did you get that were 800 for 31's? Sounds high, could also be the market. I didn't see where you were from. Here you can get 33 in bfg mt for less than that.

That is quit understandable. I don't have ome on my cruiser right now, but when I get the coin they will come:cheers:. The:princess: is my only obstacle.
What kind of tires did you get that were 800 for 31's? Sounds high, could also be the market. I didn't see where you were from. Here you can get 33 in bfg mt for less than that.

That price is actually for five as I needed a spare as well. I went with GY Wrangler Silent Armors. I have revos on another car and like them and was leaning that way. I generally don't like GY tires, but the silent armors got good reviews and they were actually a little cheaper than Revos, so I went that way. I have nothing against BFGs, but wanted to try something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom