Stuck Lifter on 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any idea on how to loosen a stuck lifter? Motor has been sitting 10 years, and one lifter seems to be stuck. Pulled the side cover, cleaned up most of the sludgy 10 year old oil, and sprayed kroil all around it. I gently put a pair of pliers on it to try budge, nada.

Do I have to go through the oil pan from the bottom to try break it free with a long drift and hammer? Is there anything I can try via the side cover access?

If I pull the pan, can I access the lifters from below? Or will the crank shaft and block etc not allw access?

I never tried it, but here's two pics. Looks pretty dicey. Lifter is directly over the cam. Can't see em in these pics. Can't see how you could get to them from underneath.
(this is a '86 2F)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks for the pics

I guess I can throw the distributor in again with the side cover off, rotate the motor so that the cam lobe for the stuck lifter moves clear, and see if I can unstick it from the top with a little persuasion? Otherwise, The only thing I can think of is having to pull the cam. Argghhh.

Thanks for the pics

I guess I can throw the distributor in again with the side cover off, rotate the motor so that the cam lobe for the stuck lifter moves clear, and see if I can unstick it from the top with a little persuasion? Otherwise, The only thing I can think of is having to pull the cam. Argghhh.

Crisis averted. Was able to rotate the motor till that cam lobe was down. Sprayed the shyte out of it with Kroil, and then lightly tapped it down with some soft wood and a hammer. It dropped. I then rotated it back up with motor. Repeated like 10 times till she was moving smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom