1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck in reverse

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cavsfj40, Jun 12, 2003.

1. cavsfj40

cavsfj40

This problem has only happened twice and only when engine braking down long slow hills in 4L. All of a sudden, I will try to shift and poof, I am magically in reverse and the shifter is just flopping around. Anyone else have this prob? It has happened these two times 9 months apart and a little roll with the t-case in neutral is usually all it takes to get it back to normal. Whats the story?

2. SwampRat

SwampRat

could be gremlins???? :dunno: those gremlins are blood thirsty bastards!
    I'm not making fun...............I have come to the asumption that anything that I cannot explain is caused by the supernatural.......specifically gremlins.
    and your case specifically sounds like the little green man under my hood too.

3. petescoffee

petescoffee

If this is on a stock LC Transmission. remove your shifter and see if the spring or other parts are warn out. Do a search on the TLCA Archives. I remember a Tech article on a similar problem.

4. eetdirt47

eetdirt47

there's lots of threads about this, search for stuck in reverse or ask Pin_Head. i have the same problem.